• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Peter McM

Plinker
    Dec 15, 2012
    Inaugurated my new Sig P250 with 50 rounds of steel-case Tula ammo; two FTFs. Didn't dip into my Blazer Brass today. Gun functions flawlessly and is very comfy.

Thanks, BGF and Monica on the range!

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Inaugurated my new Sig P250 with 50 rounds of steel-case Tula ammo; two FTFs. Didn't dip into my Blazer Brass today. Gun functions flawlessly and is very comfy.

Thanks, BGF and Monica on the range!

Congrats on the new gun. I am a little confused, though.

Peter McM

Plinker
    Dec 15, 2012
    Thanks, and sorry--perhaps I should clarify my thoughts: I assume the FTFs were the result of defective ammo (I bought the Tula with the gun because I asked for something cheap, then later read some mixed reviews on its reliability). The Blazer I just got at GM on sale, but didn't use any of it today.

Maybe I misunderstand FTF stands for 'failure to FIRE'--or 'failure to FEED', which would be blamed on the hardware. Must get acronyms right if I'm to communicate effectively...

Last edited:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    You will hear different opinions but I usually avoid steel cased ammo in my handguns. A failure to feed (FTF) could be a lot of things including the shooter. Just keep practicing and be safe. Once you get comfortable, if you still have the occasional misfeed it can be sorted out.

Osprey

Marksman
    Sep 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    The P250 is a great gun but there are some people who don't like DAO. I have no issues with it. I have used different brands of ammo but kept them at brass only using 115 and 124gr FMJ. I have the P250 2Sum 9mm and have been practicing with the subcompact. Which P250 did you get (FS, C, SC)? The sub takes some getting used to. I'm learning a different way of aiming versus my midsize 1911. I have not had any FTF (both types) or FTE. I also have Sig Sauer compact magazines with x-grips. They feel good with the subcompact. The SigLite is great too!

Top Bottom