• ...and so much more!
  • jmdavis984

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Greenfield
    Some targets

Here are two of the bulls I shot. They are representative of the day.

522992_2756058841115_1847042393_1671964_1567515653_n.jpg

^15 rounds of 9mm from the Beretta 92FS shot at 10 yards. 5.5" group if you discount the first round (sights were off, as I mentioned)

75256_2756058201099_1847042393_1671963_590678155_n.jpg

^7 rounds of 0.22 from the Mossberg 42Mb shot at 25 yards. <1.5" group, shot with iron sights (peep & ring)

jmdavis984

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Greenfield
    Glad you enjoyed it. Yes, 22s can be fun, and MUCH cheaper than 9mm or 45s. Even if reloading. So.....when you going out again? ITP has rentals on the south side as well. It may give you a couple more options to shoot. Not to mention a lot of members will let you shoot their guns at the range.

I am hoping there is a group shoot sometime that I can get in on. Maybe something at Wilbur Wright? Anyone wanna coordinate something?

kjf40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Lake county
    Congrats to you on the fun/safe hour shooting.

What you really need to do is get to one of the Meet & Shoot functions.

People are great, food is plenty.

Just about any caliber you can think of and most available for you to try.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    My wife bought me some range time at Family Indoor Shooting Range (formerly Popguns). I have an hour of range time, a 9mm handgun rental, and a box of 9mm ammo. Having never been to any range before, and never having fired a handgun before, I have a few questions to make the most of it. I am taking my brother-in-law along with me. We are both new shooters, but are both safety conscious and responsible adults. How many rounds will two people need to keep ourselves entertained for an hour? Should I bring my 22 revolver to fill the time? My 22 rifle? I've read the range rules on their website a dozen times, and know that they have a "one gun in use at a time per lane" rule, so would bringing the other guns along just get in the way? Any advice you all can give to a first-timer regarding being efficient with my time would be great.

Shooting alone, i usually burn through 150-200 rounds in an hour. I do have 6 magazines, and a speed loader, so that moves it up a bit.

Have fun!!!!

digitick

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2012
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    Glad to hear you enjoyed your time. Thanks for the narration and comments. Great info here. I'm in the same position that you were. I've never been to a range, nor shot a handgun...only shot a 22 rifle a handful of times.

Fun to read about first experiences....gets me excited to get my first trip in the books.

jmdavis984

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Greenfield
    Glad to hear you enjoyed your time. Thanks for the narration and comments. Great info here. I'm in the same position that you were. I've never been to a range, nor shot a handgun...only shot a 22 rifle a handful of times.

Fun to read about first experiences....gets me excited to get my first trip in the books.

You better not, the only thing on your mind for the next week will be "when can I do trip #2" and "how many guns can I buy before I hate myself." Seriously, other than the intimidation factor of doing something for the first time (and if you get it wrong, it can go VERY wrong) it was an absolute blast.

Now, who can tell me more about these "Meet & Shoot" events? Is there one coming up?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    You better not, the only thing on your mind for the next week will be "when can I do trip #2" and "how many guns can I buy before I hate myself." Seriously, other than the intimidation factor of doing something for the first time (and if you get it wrong, it can go VERY wrong) it was an absolute blast.

Now, who can tell me more about these "Meet & Shoot" events? Is there one coming up?

It depends on your area. Some areas don't have a Meet & shoot. Its a volunteer thing.
    I'm in northwest IN, so I go to this one...

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...1-season_3_sun_20_may_nwi_meet_and_shoot.html

It takes place at Winimac. I've been to two of them, and I highly recomend it.
    Many people will let you try their guns, a good way to see if you like a certain model.
    A freindly competition.
    Food.
    Friendly people.

You don't have to be from our area to attend, and its free.
    4 of the mods traveled a long distance to try ours. I think they enjoyed it.

Top Bottom