• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierfishing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    Desperate fisherman looking for a place to fish in greenfield. Anyone have a fishing hole or any idea where I could look? Will pay a small fee for access if someone has private water.

Thanks

Kevin

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I think there is a retention pond by the apartments off of US 40. Enter from the back at a crawl at night, and ignore the signs about swimming and something else, its only a suggestion.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Hoosierfishing I have wanted to know of a fishing spot in Greenfield also.
    I havent had any luck yet. The pay lake has been closed. I need bank space since I dont have a boat. Let me know please if you find a spot.:D

hoosierfishing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    Not down with sneaking to fish. haha Will do knife lady. Theres a pond behind the Hancock County Wellness Center that they let the public fish. It has some real nice bass in it, but it gets mossed over real quick. Not a big window to fish it. I'm absolutely dying to fish the ponds off of new road just past walmart and home depot. Damn private land.

Armed Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Do you like to pay-lake fish? Out east on I40 in Cambridge City there is a paylake called Hi-Way Springs. Great fishing there, Huge Cats (Blues, Channels, Flatheads) Huge Carp, and Lots of $$$$$$ to be won. STAY AWAY FROM HEARTLAND RESORT IN GREENFIELD.... JUST AN EMPTY LAKE....

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    You think?:) Just trying to get my ducks in a row before spring. Side effect of cabin fever.

In that case me and a buddy went fishing out there at a lake and at a rivere and I got a baby that we put back and that was it.

P.S. The way your original post sounded it was like you were looking for a place to fish right now :).

hoosierfishing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    Gotcha! It did read that way. Ive gotten the usual "Oh ive caught a 5lber out of here" from people that ive run into along brandywine creek. I'm hoping someone out there has a farm pond. Those are always a lot of fun:rockwoot:

In that case me and a buddy went fishing out there at a lake and at a rivere and I got a baby that we put back and that was it.

P.S. The way your original post sounded it was like you were looking for a place to fish right now :).

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I have family in Colorado and compared to out there the fishing here is :noway:. We wer eup in the mountians and people were climbing trails that went to around 9,000 feet elevation to fish in the lakes up there..... every few hundred feet you would see someone fly fishing on a river........

The hunting and fishing out there is insaine.

Gotcha! It did read that way. Ive gotten the usual "Oh ive caught a 5lber out of here" from people that ive run into along brandywine creek. I'm hoping someone out there has a farm pond. Those are always a lot of fun:rockwoot:

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    The pond behind IAF right off 70 is open for the public to fish in. Just don't park in the grass, and do not litter, or leave anything behind. Also most people that ask for permission to fish the pond outside of Indiana Box (Fortville Pike & New RD) are usually granted permission. And you are also correct about the one behind the Wellness Center in front of Avery.

hoosierfishing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    The pond behind IAF right off 70 is open for the public to fish in. Just don't park in the grass, and do not litter, or leave anything behind. Also most people that ask for permission to fish the pond outside of Indiana Box (Fortville Pike & New RD) are usually granted permission. And you are also correct about the one behind the Wellness Center in front of Avery.

So theres two ponds by IAF? Does the pond by Indiana box hold any decent bass? I'm a stricly catch and release fisherman.

scosgrove

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2010
    White river is great north of Indianapolis, we put our canoe in at Noblesville and catch a lot of nice sized small mouth, large mouth, and channel cats

billyboyr6

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    greenfield
    Indiana box holds a ton of large mouth, and because of it, I have never seen a nice one caught there. I fish it on a regular basis and catch alot but all small. The pond at IAF in my experience is the same, lots of 12-14" large mouth and nothing any bigger. The lake behind Hancock wellness center is great for crapi. (I think that is how it's spelled) and I have caught a couple 3 or so pounders out of there. I love the moss cover, that tells me where they are. My favorite spot to go is on the opposite side of fortville pk. From IAF, in the little pond behind the bull pin baseball diamonds. I have caught several 4+ pounder large mouth out of there and released them. It's just small and docent take long to fish all of it. Hope this helps. Send me a pm if you are going and are looking for a tagalong.

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    I can't remember the name of the tackle shop on the southside of 40 as you are headed east out of Greenfield. Maybe if you stop in there the guys can put you onto something. I am always interested in finding new places to wet a line.

down3green

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 19, 2010
    Brown County
    White river is great north of Indianapolis, we put our canoe in at Noblesville and catch a lot of nice sized small mouth, large mouth, and channel cats

I've been told to put in at the Broad Ripple Park ramp and work the river north of there. Has anybody here had any experience on the river north of there?!

Top Bottom