• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierfishing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    Some of the best smallie fishing can be found in the Anderson area in my opinion. Especially through chesterfield. Ive talked with the guy at Anglers World. He told me to try Sugar Creek. Im blessed that my brother lives on a 100 acre private lake in Anderson that holds HUGE bass. We routin catch 4lbers plus. We caught 2 8lbers in 1 day. Lucky me. :rockwoot:

hoosierfishing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    Indiana box holds a ton of large mouth, and because of it, I have never seen a nice one caught there. I fish it on a regular basis and catch alot but all small. The pond at IAF in my experience is the same, lots of 12-14" large mouth and nothing any bigger. The lake behind Hancock wellness center is great for crapi. (I think that is how it's spelled) and I have caught a couple 3 or so pounders out of there. I love the moss cover, that tells me where they are. My favorite spot to go is on the opposite side of fortville pk. From IAF, in the little pond behind the bull pin baseball diamonds. I have caught several 4+ pounder large mouth out of there and released them. It's just small and docent take long to fish all of it. Hope this helps. Send me a pm if you are going and are looking for a tagalong.

Will do. Always looking for people to fish with.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Don't forget about me just because I am a girl does not mean I don't know how to fish. :D Maybe we could make it a INGO Greenfield day of fishing.

Mean Streak

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Anyone interested in joining a bass fishing club. New Palestine Bass Masters is looking for members. They fish 6 tournaments pluss top 8 tournament. It cost $30.00 a month but you fish for cash prizes and it covers membership into Indiana Bass Federation and FLW. Boaters or non boaters welcome.........

twolf

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2023
    Greenfield
    Hoosierfishing I have wanted to know of a fishing spot in Greenfield also.
    I havent had any luck yet. The pay lake has been closed. I need bank space since I dont have a boat. Let me know please if you find a spot.:D
    I heard sugar Creek and Hancock county's good I'm just trying to figure out where I can

twolf

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2023
    Greenfield
    I have family in Colorado and compared to out there the fishing here is :noway:. We wer eup in the mountians and people were climbing trails that went to around 9,000 feet elevation to fish in the lakes up there..... every few hundred feet you would see someone fly fishing on a river........

The hunting and fishing out there is insaine.

Indiana box holds a ton of large mouth, and because of it, I have never seen a nice one caught there. I fish it on a regular basis and catch alot but all small. The pond at IAF in my experience is the same, lots of 12-14" large mouth and nothing any bigger. The lake behind Hancock wellness center is great for crapi. (I think that is how it's spelled) and I have caught a couple 3 or so pounders out of there. I love the moss cover, that tells me where they are. My favorite spot to go is on the opposite side of fortville pk. From IAF, in the little pond behind the bull pin baseball diamonds. I have caught several 4+ pounder large mouth out of there and released them. It's just small and docent take long to fish all of it. Hope this helps. Send me a pm if you are going and are looking for a tagalong.
    Where can you park to fish there

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Thanks for bringing that to my attention I'm still learning I only signed up a few days ago LOL
    No worries! Happens to all of us now and then. :): You should go here and introduce yourself. Lots of good folks and good info here.

Top Bottom