• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sgt Stoner

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Fishers
    Looking for a fixed blade knife to carry with me in Iraq in a few months. Thinking about a K-Bar... Saw one thats got kind of a curve that flows from the handle to the blade but dont know much about it. Any suggestions? Also, needs to be small enough not to get in the way of day to day carry (i.e. not a Rambo knife )
    :patriot:

Tryin'

Victimized
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Hit up cubby on here and see what he can do for you! Mine is almost done and the experience has been top-notch!

ESEE would be good too, if you have to have it "right now".

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    i will second cubby, he is a awesome guy and cool as a polar bears toe nails. i have one in the process with him also, i can't wait to get it for sure,

esee knives are top notch also and carry a no questioned ask warranty another words if you get bored and try to pry open your humvee door and break it you send it in and they send you a new one lol.

also look at bladeforums.com check out all the custom makers and the exchange there you will find something that suits you for sure

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    evan ka-bars ARE overrated;)

if you want a solid knife you can treat like a cheap whore and not break the bank go with grayman knives. and if you have the $$$ go busse.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    what are you looking to use it for? prying, hacking, smashing? just cutting (in an OA like that i doubt it but i will ask)? do you want a cool guy "fighting" knife?

what are you looking for? i will wager the following:

strong
    durable
    moderately sharp
    not overly large, to save weight and space
    easy to maintain (not carbon steel, unless coated)

am i close??!!

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    If you are looking for a good basic utility fixed blade I would recommend Michael Morris's Tactical Filer. It is a very stout knife made from a Nicholson file tempered down to 56-58rc. Hollow ground blade, gun blue finish, black micarta scales. very reasonably priced. I know there are several of these currently serving in Iraq. Michael will make it to the length you desire. Morris Knives

mine...

filerdigi.jpg

Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Another vote for Michael Morris. Just exceptional knives for the money, each one hand made, and he will make anything you want or modify an existing design. He has made a couple of unique designs for me, and it is absolutely cool knowing I've got that one and only knife. He signs and dates knife, so you know it's all custom.

releo 37

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    talk to cubby for several reasons.
    1. He can make you something
    2. He has several Greyman knives that I know for a fact that he has beat the hell out of.

Vanguard.45

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Get a GERBER LMF II

Best knife on the market for the money hands down, and I've owned EVERYTHING!

The knife excels in every area with a great handle, a great sheath (with sharpener), great blade steel and thickness, and a great design.

Trust me on this one- get the Gerber LMF II.

Vanguard.45

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I have had one since they came out. I will agree that they are a great knife for the money, but the combo edge bugs the living hell out of me. I like keeping my stuff scalpel sharp, and the serrated edge just slows me down.

Best knife on the market for the money hands down, and I've owned EVERYTHING!

The knife excels in every area with a great handle, a great sheath (with sharpener), great blade steel and thickness, and a great design.

Trust me on this one- get the Gerber LMF II.

Vanguard.45

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    And by the way, that is a real beauty!

If you are looking for a good basic utility fixed blade I would recommend Michael Morris's Tactical Filer. It is a very stout knife made from a Nicholson file tempered down to 56-58rc. Hollow ground blade, gun blue finish, black micarta scales. very reasonably priced. I know there are several of these currently serving in Iraq. Michael will make it to the length you desire. Morris Knives

mine...

filerdigi.jpg

Sgt Stoner

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Fishers
    what are you looking to use it for? prying, hacking, smashing? just cutting (in an OA like that i doubt it but i will ask)? do you want a cool guy "fighting" knife?

what are you looking for? i will wager the following:

strong
    durable
    moderately sharp
    not overly large, to save weight and space
    easy to maintain (not carbon steel, unless coated)

am i close??!!

Nail on the Head sir! Have one that fits the bill?

Top Bottom