• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Larryjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Portland, IN
    I posted this question here https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/175151-traded_for_xd_40_at_indy_1500_a.html as well but figured I'd get more looks if I made a new thread.

I traded for an xd 40 which has fixed sights. All the xd models may have fixed sights for all I know. The gun shoots consistantly 2 - 3 inches low and left. I have checked myself over and over from different distances both on the bench and free hand. Since it has fixed sights, I'm wondering is there anything that can be done to make this a dead ringer?

Thanks

EPD1102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Evansville
    If it's like a Sig or a Glock, the rear sight can be adjusted for windage to correct the left and right issue. You can also buy different heights of front and rear sights to fix the elevation issue.

Larryjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Portland, IN
    If it's like a Sig or a Glock, the rear sight can be adjusted for windage to correct the left and right issue. You can also buy different heights of front and rear sights to fix the elevation issue.

No adjustments at all on rear. I think it's supposed to be that way on the xd from what I read.

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Not adjustment screws, but get the pusher and physically move the sight so that it is centered in the channel cut out of the slide. Won't fix the elevation, but it sounds like you bought used and if it was dropped or someone attempted but failed a night sight install and moved them without removing them it could be the cause.
    warren2_lg.JPG

Or get adjustable sights, a quick google search turned up several recommendations on an XD board, for Dawson adjustable sights. I'm a Glock guy so I can't give you a personal recommendation.

FWIW low left is a common problem for right handed shooters, and is usually attributed to trigger control and recoil compensation, and flinch isssues (which could be as simple as learning the feel of this gun if you apply pressure differently from other experience) while minnimized by shooting from the bench, may not always be eliminated. With modern firearms statistically it's the shooter not the gun when it comes to accuracy. Just something to think about and maybe seek out someone that's familiar comfortable and accurate on the the XD platform to test it for you, before you put too much money into trying to modify your way to the bullseye.

target_shooting_diagnosis.jpg

Top Bottom