FL Deputy Threatens to Shoot Concealed Carry Licensee and Arrests Him for Lawful

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    firstly, this is the source of my distrust for LEOs. sorry guys, but a few bad apples indeed spoils the bunch, just like all gun owners are ganged into being nutjob terrorists.

secondly, THESE are the people that are supposed to defend us when citizens are rendered defenseless? i see way too many of these power-tripping cops.

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    You would think the would simply:

1. upon seeing the pistol; ask guy to produce a permit.

Florida is not a "Must Inform" state. Also, printing and accidental/incidental/non-intentional showing is not against the law.

Cop was an asshat, but if the guy had stayed in his truck instead of hopping out nothing probably would have happened.

TheReaper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2012
    Southeastern IN
    Florida is not a "Must Inform" state. Also, printing and accidental/incidental/non-intentional showing is not against the law.

Cop was an asshat, but if the guy had stayed in his truck instead of hopping out nothing probably would have happened.

Bingo, they guy got out wanting to confront the officer and he got what he wanted.

It's funny that NOBODY talks about the attitude of the motorist??

rnmcguire

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    Typical A hole with a badge. I don't like to bad mouth law enforcement because they have a dirty job and most of them are professionals but this turd gives them a bad name. This guy was scared to death and made a calm situation into something ridiculous. Hopefully he's not wearing a badge anyore.:noway:

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    Bingo, they guy got out wanting to confront the officer and he got what he wanted.

It's funny that NOBODY talks about the attitude of the motorist??

yeah, truth is it was a bad stop all the way around. guy jumps out, leaves motor running, fumbles with wallet.
    but the cop didnt have an issue til the gun showed.

TheReaper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2012
    Southeastern IN
    yeah, truth is it was a bad stop all the way around. guy jumps out, leaves motor running, fumbles with wallet.
    but the cop didnt have an issue til the gun showed.

I agree, I don't have a problem if people don't want to inform, but if you're gonna GET OUT of the vehicle on a traffic stop and confront the officer, you may at that point want to let it be known that you're carrying. Even with the way the officer acted, that situation could have been a lot worse!

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I don't know - but I do know if this had happened to me I would certainly have a good lawyer view this with full intention to sue if possible. (NO I have never sued anyone). It appeared the cop had his wallet in his hand. In Indiana I don't believe an officer will accept a wallet. They ask you to remove your license. If he was that scared he could have had the guy put his hands on the truck and even cuffed him until he saw the permit. In a real emergency, I'll bet that worthless cop would **** his pants.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    The guy should have stayed in the car. The cop shouldn't have overreacted. With the cussing and panic the officer displayed you would think he was in imminent danger.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    All true...Motorist should have stayed in vehicle...Leo would not have been scared and responded like a little girl. Epic fail all around.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Deputy Andy Cox =
    bth_douche.jpg

tskin

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2008
    West Central Indiana
    I wasn't aware that Florida had accidental exposure laws. Considering they set a precedent with the stand your ground laws. Wtf.

A year or so ago Florida was considering passing an open carry law. The argument from the legislatures trying to pass it was to keep this kind of stuff from happening. The argument from law enforcement was that they do not arrest people who have concealed carry permits when a weapon peeks out the bottom of a shirt. Apparently they do now. I hope this guy sues the crap out of them & this cop should be fired immediately. Hopefully he never gets a job better than protecting a sewage pond....

BenE84

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Really, hand them your permit, let them know you are carrying, an experienced police officer will not freak out. He will ask you to hand him the weapon with two fingers, and when he is done with his job he will hand it back to you (unloaded) and tell you not to reload it until he has returned to his vehicle.

Top Bottom