• ...and so much more!
  • Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Florida Marine Veteran Shot in Craigslist Robbery Used Fingers to Plug Bullet Wounds - Yahoo! News

Quick thinking. I wonder why a man with his experience and training, in a free state, was unarmed? The story says that he didn't know his assailants were, but I thought you always expect the other guy to be armed?

It also, predictably, says that the police spokesperson discouraged the pursuit of thieves, suggesting that should be left to LE. I would agree that that's the job they get paid to do, however just as firefighters are paid to fight fire, that doesn't mean that when one starts in your home, you do nothing to stop it.

Please don't take my post as denigrating the Marine. No one can be "on" 24/7, and no one can foresee every situation. Further, we're looking at this with 20/20 hindsight.

I applaud his quick thinking, as I said first. I'm glad they caught the perps, too.

Blessings,
    Bill

IDCC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Orange County
    There was quite a bit of drama over this the other day. Some reported had listed him as 29 years old instead of 48. He has 29 years of service time in the USMC. Anyways there were lots of folks calling him a fake. 29 is just a bit young for LT COL.

Top Bottom