• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    This is why I always carry at least one extra mag with me. My XDM compact usually has 14 9mm including the one in the chamber and sometimes I carry 2 spares on me, that's 52 rounds all the time. It's not paranoia when this **** can happen

And next month, I plan to come down to Indy for the Anime convention

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    would be a wise choice. or invest in a higher cap pistol. :D always need another reason to buy one.

Noted but it does not get much better than 6+1 for pocket carry.

It has actually kept me up at.night thinking of what to do with 3-4 attackers. 5-7 attackers is going to keep me up tonight now.

Even my main carry when the situation allows is 7+1 in 9mm.

After reading a report that its something like 2.6 rounds of 9mm to truely stop a person who wont just stop after one round.

Placement will have to be everything. And i guess some luck since the targets wont be just standing still waiting on a bullet to be lodged in them.

I just pray that this or any situation requiring a gun never happens to me.

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    Noted but it does not get much better than 6+1 for pocket carry.

It has actually kept me up at.night thinking of what to do with 3-4 attackers. 5-7 attackers is going to keep me up tonight now.

Even my main carry when the situation allows is 7+1 in 9mm.

After reading a report that its something like 2.6 rounds of 9mm to truely stop a person who wont just stop after one round.

Placement will have to be everything. And i guess some luck since the targets wont be just standing still waiting on a bullet to be lodged in them.

I just pray that this or any situation requiring a gun never happens to me.
    the data i have researched shows that for 100% incapacitation, 3 rounds of 9mm is ideal. obviously the amount of variables is one the huge side of things, but it is quite interesting. if youd like the link let meknow.

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    the data i have researched shows that for 100% incapacitation, 3 rounds of 9mm is ideal. obviously the amount of variables is one the huge side of things, but it is quite interesting. if youd like the link let meknow.

Its about that for all hand gun cal.s but i dont want to spark that debate.

No i am go to la la land and pretend it will only take one shot like in the movies.. and that i can hold my gun sideways all gangster movie like... and that my gun will have an unlimited supply of bullets like in the movies or i will be able to drop the mag and while in mid air slam another mag in the gun with out using my hands... just so i can go to sleep for the night..:( after all the movies are real life everyone knows that! But in real life i need sleep.. those actors rarely are show. Sleeping in those action flicks

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Just my humble opinion but I don't think you are going to have to worry about 2.6, 3 or whatever average number of shots it will take to put down a BG in this case. It isn't a situation where you have a crazed druggie, highly motivated soldier or fanatical jehadist coming at you who expects to be wounded and is prepared to give his life for some cause. It is a run-of-the-mill punk looking for an easy mark. The last thing he expects is to get shot. Probably a .22 hit in his little finger will freak him out and make him scream like a baby.

In my case he'll get a 230 gr Gold Dot .45 to the gut or chest. And if I only had 6 rounds of something like a .357 even if there are 7 or 8 of "them" the rest will scatter like rats after their big daddy takes one to the body.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    All the while, a handful of witnesses stood and watched.

Must not have been any INGOer's in the vicinity, huh? :rolleyes:

Community involvement folks!

Question: Wasn't someone from INGO recently harassed by LE for carrying at the Canal? I thought I saw a thread a while back about that.

Yes, it's looking like spare mag carry for GGF next time in downtown INDY.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    You have WAY more faith in people, including the media, than I do..
    ^This^ All the thugs would have to do is put some candy in their pockets and carry a picture of themselves when they were a cute little baby and they are golden.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Must not have been any INGOer's in the vicinity, huh? :rolleyes:

Community involvement folks!

Question: Wasn't someone from INGO recently harassed by LE for carrying at the Canal? I thought I saw a thread a while back about that.

Yes, it's looking like spare mag carry for GGF next time in downtown INDY.
    A friend of mine was near the end of last year, but I think he swore off INGO. He's supporter of a competing forum. :dunno:

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The Concerned Clergy were already doing their walks on the canal. :rolleyes:

Oh, were they the four bystanders who stood around and did nothing?

Your problem will not be the one or two you shoot to protect yourself.

Your problem will be the other five or six who swear in court that they were "just walking down the street when this crazy guy started shooting." Add to their testimony the fact that none of their criminal histories will be admissable.

Then throw in that any witnesses "won't be completely sure what they saw" after 3 months of media coverage and uncounted "chats" with neighbors and strangers about that "murdering S.O.B. who shot that poor boy who was just beginning to turn his life around."

Sorry, but your best bet is to avoid the area.

If you have to go there, back up against a wall when you see the mob and draw when they circle around you. Just hope the sight of your gun will turn them away. If it doesn't, let them get close, give a verbal warning, and shoot as many as you can.
    If you shoot, expect to be charged with murder.
    If you don't shoot, expect to be charged with "brandishing."

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    This is one reason I have switched from the 8+1 of a 1911 to the 13+1 of my Hi-power, and my wife has taken to carry of her Taurus PT-92 with 15+1 for times when we are in an area that may require a bit more persuasion to stop an attack. Just for good measure, I usually carry at least one of my pocket options along with my EDC when venturing into areas of higher crime.

The real question here, in my mind, is not what our reaction should be as an atackee, but what if we were there witnessing this happen? I think all of us have decided on responding with judicious violence toward anyone who threatens the well being of my family or myself, but when faced with someone else being beaten, or possibly murdered, do we still just stand by an be a good witness, or respond in similar fashion to defend another human being? Call the police, and hope they get there in time to stop the criminals? Or slow our role, control our breathing, and concentrate on solid head/COM shots on attackers until the violence ceases? The criminal violence that has driven two more people from visiting our capitol city is sickening enough, but that there were witnesses that just stopped to spectate is even more saddening.

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    Seeing as my G21 holds 18 rounds with two 13 rounders as spares, I don't think anybody would be talking from the "flash mob". This crap is pathetic, I have half a mind to start hanging out down there. I can attest that most groups of bangers will shat when a gun is presented in a manner consistent with experience lol. Real tough guys when they have to pull their pants up to run bahaha

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Whew. I am not sure I have enough ammo to defend against 7 Trayvons at a time.

And yes, Trayvon-Americans is the new hotness.

Top Bottom