• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pat102ko

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    Westfield
    Hopefully I posted this in the right section but I would like to get a nice flashlight with good throw. Preferably to be used in the home and camping. Smaller the better. Are there any brands / certain models I should be looking at? It would also be nice if it didnt break the bank. Thanks!

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    theledwarehouse takes care of INGOers. He's also good about taking your needs and budget into consideration and then finding the best light for you. He gives a 10% discount as well.

Brian Ski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    I have bought several from China. DXextreme. I have been very happy with them. I have bought more to give as gifts. If you want I can send you a link to the one/s I have. I think I have about $30 in a light charger and a couple batteries.

Whichever you get try to stick with a rechargeable 18650 battery. Much much better than buying throw away batteries.

The lights I am using are about the size of a AA maglight. I tried a LED bulb assembly for a 4 D maglight. Thought it would kick butt compared to the little light I have. Nope the D batteries do not have the power a little 18650 does. My light can light up my neighbors house 2 football fields away. (single LED)

Richwon4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    Northern IN
    about ten years ago I bought a GSX on good sale from Gander Mountain. That is a good light. Never had a problem with it. Small and throws a heck of a beam. $30-40 range.

theledwarehouse

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2011
    Vicksburg, MI
    Sorry, just saw this thread. Like stated above, there is probably more info and opinions on the flashlight thread linked above, than anyone could swallow!

I myself am a backpacker, so I like small with good throw. Personally I typically carry a Surefire EB1. It's built like a tank and very trustworthy. But, I've also been known to take something ridiculous like a Fenix PD-35 with me just to show off :) I once thought about taking a Foursevens MMU-X3...

Surefire EB1 200 lumens BLACK

and

Fenix PD35

the PD 35 is very popular. I recommend the 18650 kit with it, as you gain some run time and get a rechargeable solution.

Ultrafire 18650 Two Batteries and WF139 Charger Kit

If you like the single cell config of the Surefire, but not the price tag, the Fenix PD22 is a good alternative.

Fenix PD22 Gen 2

as is the Foursevens QTL and QPL

Quark Tactical QTL Gen 2
    Quark Pro QPL Gen 2

Actually have an open box QTL if you are a bargin hunter. QTL Gen 2 OPEN BOX

I hope this helps! If you have more questions or specific needs, let me know.

Txlur

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    NWI
    Whatever you decide on, I recommend AW brand rechargeable batteries. They make a whole range of sizes, I stick with rcr123 AW in my HDS tac 200 and P6 w/ malkoff drop-ins.

craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers
    I have 2 expensive Surefire lights, 2 Fenix, and the light I carry because it is small and very lightweight is a light I got on sale from 5.11 Tactical. It's their TPT L2 251. I got mine for less than $20 but I think it's still worth the 40 something they normally charge.

Top Bottom