• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    This is the one I carry, and have several stashed around the home.

One Thousand lumens of blinding intensity, easily zoomable to pinpoint the beam where you need it! At 50 feet this flashlight can zoom from a 30 feet beam down to a 6 feet beam.

New innovative lens simply extends to narrow the blaze of light over 1,500 feet! It has a blinding strobe setting for defense-disorientation and an SOS setting signaling.

Made of high quality aircraft grade aluminum strong enough to be used as a self-defense baton. It measures 7 11/16” x 1 3/8” and Includes two 18650 Lithium rechargeable batteries, battery charger and belt clip.

https://www.myhightechsecurity.com/1000-lumens-led-self-defense-zoomable-flashlight-3359.html
    Ok, in a home invasion/self defense scenario, do you take your hand of of your pistol/rifle/shotgun to focus the beam to where you need it? Please don't shill for a product, especially a junk product, without doing your due diligence?

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    This is the one I carry, and have several stashed around the home.

One Thousand lumens of blinding intensity, easily zoomable to pinpoint the beam where you need it! At 50 feet this flashlight can zoom from a 30 feet beam down to a 6 feet beam.

New innovative lens simply extends to narrow the blaze of light over 1,500 feet! It has a blinding strobe setting for defense-disorientation and an SOS setting signaling.

Made of high quality aircraft grade aluminum strong enough to be used as a self-defense baton. It measures 7 11/16” x 1 3/8” and Includes two 18650 Lithium rechargeable batteries, battery charger and belt clip.

https://www.myhightechsecurity.com/1000-lumens-led-self-defense-zoomable-flashlight-3359.html

I don't think they're using ANSI Lumens.
    Chinese light manufacturers usually like to inflate their lumen rating by a lot (as much as double it).
    I have seen similar lights sold online and each seller claim a different output (from 600 lumens to over 1000 for the same product).

If that light is really 1,000 lumens then using the "self defense strobe" indoor, especially with white walls, might not be the best thing to do.

I'm not a big fan of strobes for self defense as it tends to make things appear in slow motion (depending on the speed of the strobe).

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I don't like strobes because they disorient me even from behind the light. That's not going to be helpful in a tense social situation!

myhightechsec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2016
    The Region
    Ok, in a home invasion/self defense scenario, do you take your hand of of your pistol/rifle/shotgun to focus the beam to where you need it? Please don't shill for a product, especially a junk product, without doing your due diligence?

Not everyone has their flash attached to their weapon, eh. And it has served me well. That is all that counts.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Not everyone has their flash attached to their weapon, eh. And it has served me well. That is all that counts.

:scratch:

If it was attached, then you could refocus it with only your free hand.

However, the model you recommend requires two hands to refocus, thus forcing you to release you grip on you weapon.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011

When did this become the flashlight snob thread?

Guy says, hey, I have this light and I like it, and he gets jumped.:dunno:

Not every light HAS to be to be a $300 Surefire. Sometimes you just need the dark to be a little less dark.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield

When did this become the flashlight snob thread?

Guy says, hey, I have this light and I like it, and he gets jumped.:dunno:

Not every light HAS to be to be a $300 Surefire. Sometimes you just need the dark to be a little less dark.
    Has more to do with the guy recommending a flashlight that he just so happens to sell on his website?

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Ooh, I followed the link. I gotta get me one of these! Rhino will love it!

“The size and appearance of a common flashdrive with 10 million volts of criminal crippling stopping power!

At 3 ½” x 1” x 1/2", it’s compact and stunningly powerful. The SLIDER is slim and discreet, quick and handy, and drops an attacker to the ground in seconds!”

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I got nothing against cheap lights or promoting one's wares.

Although, The 1000 lumens output is unbelievable claim.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    One of my favorite lights for years was a $12 headlamp I got from Amazon. It said something ridiculous on the box like 3000 lumens. It was bright, but not that bright. I wore it daily during wood burning season when I loaded my outdoor boiler. Loading the boiler is rough on a headlamp, and sometimes your face. Also wore it when plowing/blowing snow because it was brighter than my tractor's headlights.

It finally died last winter after being outside with it on for a long time in single digit temps. When I came inside, it wouldn't turn off so I pulled out the batteries. Next time I went to use it, put the batteries in and it wouldn't turn on.:dunno:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Ooh, I followed the link. I gotta get me one of these! Rhino will love it!

“The size and appearance of a common flashdrive with 10 million volts of criminal crippling stopping power!

At 3 ½” x 1” x 1/2", it’s compact and stunningly powerful. The SLIDER is slim and discreet, quick and handy, and drops an attacker to the ground in seconds!

Any criminal that can be crippled or dropped to the ground by a stun gun isn't much of a threat.

stun gun .NE. TASER

Stun guns are irritating at best, especially when someone uses it on your side fat while you're trying to eat pulled pork.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    This is a very specific example. It sounds like you may have some experience in this.

You are correct. Chezuki was sitting next to me when I started screaming after mercop got me in the side fat from the table behind us!

They feel like a really bad pinch when you're relaxed. If you're excited and have a little extra adrenaline going, you'll barely notice it. They won't deter any determined attacker and they absolutely won't knock anyone down or render them unconscious unless they have a psychological reaction that causes that result.

I've seen well meaning but ignorant people recommend them as defensive tools, especially for women, which is irresponsible and potentially life endangering. I was in a gun shop once when I overheard a woman who wanted her own gun being told by her husband that she really needed a stun gun and how it would be such a devastating weapon. I politely introduced myself into the conversation and suggested that she not rely on a stun gun to stop an attacker. He disagreed, so I took the model they were examining and used it on my forearm for a few seconds to show them. He dismissed my demonstration because it was "just my arm." So then I used it on my chest. Again, he dismissed it because I was wearing a shirt (it actually hurts worse through a shirt). Then I used it on my neck. After that they started shopping for guns.

People don't know what they don't know.

Stun guns are like all other pain compliance tools and techniques. They only work if the attacker isn't really all that interested in attacking you.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    You are correct. Chezuki was sitting next to me when I started screaming after mercop got me in the side fat from the table behind us!

They feel like a really bad pinch when you're relaxed. If you're excited and have a little extra adrenaline going, you'll barely notice it. They won't deter any determined attacker and they absolutely won't knock anyone down or render them unconscious unless they have a psychological reaction that causes that result.

I've seen well meaning but ignorant people recommend them as defensive tools, especially for women, which is irresponsible and potentially life endangering. I was in a gun shop once when I overheard a woman who wanted her own gun being told by her husband that she really needed a stun gun and how it would be such a devastating weapon. I politely introduced myself into the conversation and suggested that she not rely on a stun gun to stop an attacker. He disagreed, so I took the model they were examining and used it on my forearm for a few seconds to show them. He dismissed my demonstration because it was "just my arm." So then I used it on my chest. Again, he dismissed it because I was wearing a shirt (it actually hurts worse through a shirt). Then I used it on my neck. After that they started shopping for guns.

People don't know what they don't know.

Stun guns are like all other pain compliance tools and techniques. They only work if the attacker isn't really all that interested in attacking you.

Don't you need to have a LTCH in order to carry a stun gun in Indiana anyway?
    You might as well carry a real firearm if you can get a LTCH.

Top Bottom