• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Killion

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 11, 2013
    Indianapolis/warren
    I carry a Surefire LX2 everyday. It's main role is for defensive purposes. But I find I use it for everyday use as well.

For a small light, I love my Streamlight Microstream. It's a great small pocket light. I have used it a lot working on my jeep, or even crawling around under the house and attic.

StreamLight MicroStream is by far the best everyday general flashlight! The are inexpensive, use cheap AAA batteries. Bright enough for most tasks. I have several of them. One in each car. A couple floating around the house. One I carry. And replacements in my desk for when I loose one. Not a defensive flashlight but worth the 14$. I also have several surefire and streamlights but they rarely get used anymore. The StreamLight Stinger gets used every night when I let me dogs run on the golf course. And it sits on and end table next to the couch...I strobe everyone who decides to turn around in my driveway. My dogs go nuts when someone pulls in...I hate that

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    LED 3 Watt 150 Lumen Flashlight | Rayovac

This has been my EDC/work light for 2 years. I use it every shift I work. (I work at night). I bought it at Meijer for $34. It has been dropped from the cab of my semi too many times to count. 150 lumens on high. Also has a low setting and a strobe. I bought it to get me by until I could get a better light. Simply have not had the need to replace it.

Relatively Ninja

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I just had a discussion like this with one of my coworkers! He thought buying a flashlight was a simple decision... Poor sap had no idea what he was getting into, lol. First off, you need to consider the features of the light you'd like to carry. I thought of my ideal flashlight and then bought the one that most closely matched the light I had thought of.

Features that you should consider include:
    • Lumens (how bright the light is)
    • Button operation (clicky vs tactical)
    • Size
    • Settings (low, medium, high, strobe, SOS, etc...)
    • Bezel crenelations (a crenelated bezel will destroy your pocket)
    • Battery type (AA vs CR123A)
    • Cost

Based on the specific criteria I desired in a flashlight, I ended up purchasing a Surefire LX2. I never thought I would spend so much money on something as simple as a flashlight, but I have never once regretted it. I carry it (and use it) every single day. I've never had a single problem with it, and when my original LX2 was stolen from me, I bought a second one without a moment's hesitation.

I put a lot of thought and research into that light, and I bounced several thoughts off of INGO. This link ==> https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo.../186330-who-sells-surefire-2.html#post2462872 Is from a thread I started asking about Surefire lights. It's a post from one of the members here that runs an online business selling flashlights. It's his rundown of the most popular brands of flashlights he sells. I have heard people say that Surefire is the absolute best, the hands down, top of the line flashlight manufacturer... And you'll pay for that. I agree with this statement; I love my Surefire, and I would recommend one to anyone who can afford it.

I don't like the idea that was posted further up the thread about buying a dozen cheap flashlights and putting them in every room of your house. I'd rather buy one light that is always on my person that I can trust to work reliably every time I use it. You might have to pay for that reliability, but it feels damn good to know that your light will never go out when you need it most.

theledwarehouse

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2011
    Vicksburg, MI
    I love my Stream Light. Stinger is the big boy and my new one is about 4 inches long the Strion its 260 lumens

We just got in the new Stinger HL, which is 640 lumens.
    Streamlight Stinger LED HL with with 120-volt AC/12-volt DC 2-Holders Charger

Also the Strion HL is 500 lumens, and is a nice compact size. I actually really like this light. It has a lithium battery, which is a nice feature as far as Streamlights go.
    Streamlight Strion HL

Both these lights are 10% off with the INGO coupon code and ship for free.

k1500

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2013
    West Lafayette
    I haven't bought a flashlight in years. My minimag back in the 90's worked well when I carried it in while doing army training. Also carried a multitool as well. White LED technology was unknown.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    It should be noted in any flashlight discussion that I get most of my lights from theledwharehouse! Excellent customer service and quick delivery!

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    It should be noted in any flashlight discussion that I get most of my lights from theledwharehouse! Excellent customer service and quick delivery!

+1. I have nowhere near the light collection amassed by the rhino, but my experience with theledwarehouse has been excellent.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    +1. I have nowhere near the light collection amassed by the rhino, but my experience with theledwarehouse has been excellent.

I just ordered two lights from there a few minutes ago and jumped on here to see this! Good to know!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    These are back ordered from Fenix at the moment. I expected them to be in this week but they didn't show up :( I have a note out to Fenix to see what the ETA is.

Maybe it has become common knowledge that the PD35 is one of, if not the best lights to carry that is on the market today?

rhino out!

MT60

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2014
    Stroh
    I have a Surefire G2 converted to use the bright LED, something like 3 Mini-mags, a C-battery maglite, a 4 D Battery maglite (which I suspect the Boy took with him when he moved out) and 7 or 8 other cheaper versions spread around my home, office, vehicles, toolboxes, keyrings, etc. The Surefire is what I carry when I know I'm going to want more serious lumens. The rest are what I use on a daily basis.

theledwarehouse

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2011
    Vicksburg, MI
    I have a Surefire G2 converted to use the bright LED, something like 3 Mini-mags, a C-battery maglite, a 4 D Battery maglite (which I suspect the Boy took with him when he moved out) and 7 or 8 other cheaper versions spread around my home, office, vehicles, toolboxes, keyrings, etc. The Surefire is what I carry when I know I'm going to want more serious lumens. The rest are what I use on a daily basis.

Surefire did just cut the price on the G2X lights. I think these are a pretty good value. Not the brightest out there, but it's hard to beat USA made.

Surefire G2X Pro Flashlight

Top Bottom