• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • inav8r

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Pendleton
    FCTA Coleman, the company that bought Fleetwood Folding trailers (the pop-up division, not the big RV company here in IN) has folded. If you own a Fleetwood or Coleman pop-up camper (or are thinking of buying one), you will have NO warranty.

This has affected me directly as I was waiting on a roof to be replaced under warranty. I got the call yesterday that FCTA has closed it's doors and no roof was going to come. So now I'm the proud owner of a camper that I can never sell. Ugh...

Here's some links to the news stories:

150 idled as SW Pa. folding trailer plant closes - Bloomberg

FTCA ceases production of Coleman trailers at Pennsylvania plant - National RVing | Examiner.com

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Ouch! We have a Coleman pop-up camper. Of course, it's probably 8 + years old though so there would be no warranty on it anyway.

Sorry to hear that but maybe insurance would cover it then?

dbd870

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    Oh well, mines well out of warranty but I guess this won't help with replacement items will it.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Oh yeah, I didn't think about replacement parts. I imagine someone will step up and work on that issue.

I'd like to get a travel trailer anyway. Went to the RV show this past weekend and saw some that I liked.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Oh yeah, I didn't think about replacement parts. I imagine someone will step up and work on that issue.

I'd like to get a travel trailer anyway. Went to the RV show this past weekend and saw some that I liked.

grimor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    depending on what parts you need replace, the company I work for sells to the RV MFGs (electronics, plumbing, LP, flooring, etc...) you can always shoot me a message for what you need. Sorry, we don't do popup roofs

Bucky623

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    ... FCTA has closed it's doors and no roof was going to come. So now I'm the proud owner of a camper that I can never sell...
    There are a number of companies that make aftermarket canvas tops for pop-up campers. Some have patterns for the more popular models on hand but for a less popular one you may have to send your old top in.

Top Bottom