• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    And that's a big number, no matter how you look at it.

Too bad they couldn't AVERAGE that for an entire year. I bet you'd see violent crimes in Florida plummet if it did.

That makes me wonder. What ARE the stats for violent crimes in Florida during the same time period.
    Be interesting to track the numbers for the year following as well.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'm going to show my ignorance here...

The Florida Department of Law Enforcement says it is on target to conduct nearly 1 million background checks this year on private firearm purchases.

When a NICS check is done here in Indiana, it's not the state police or some other .IN entity that does it, is it? I assumed it was done by the FBI (or some other .gov entity) for everybody.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I believe the NICS is operated and maintained by the FBI.
    Well that's what I thought too, so I'm wondering about the story's reporting that a Florida agency is doing the background checks. Maybe in Florida you have to get a federal and a state BG check?

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    Well that's what I thought too, so I'm wondering about the story's reporting that a Florida agency is doing the background checks. Maybe in Florida you have to get a federal and a state BG check?

I wondered about that too when I read the article. Doesn't Colorado require a state background check in addition to the NCIS?

Btw, I am not trying to be too technical, but I wanted to point out the OP is making the claim of Florida hitting 1 million background checks in one month. If you read the article that was posted, the 1 million mark concerns background checks FOR THE YEAR. I know it is EXTREMELY rare but Kirk made a mistake when the post was written out. :)

Top Bottom