• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blackdog765

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    Thought I would report out my current wait time and experience in getting the Florida Concealed Weapon/Firearm License (CW/FL). It currently appears like I should be getting it in roughly 6 weeks door to door.

8/17 Fri mailed original application
    8/21 Tue it was signed for by Florida
    8/24 Fri they indicated it was processed into their queue
    9/14 Fri components of the application were processed and waiting review
    9/25 Tue approved. Will be mailed in 7-10 business days.

I had to call regularly to get this level of detail. From the point of the components being processed, they indicated we were waiting for a person to get to my file and review all the results.

When I called yesterday, it sounded like she was reviewing it online while I was on the phone. In fact she said something to the effect that she would go ahead and mark it approved right now. So I'm not sure how much longer it would have taken without my phone call.

So hopefully it's on it's way!

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Florida is easy to work with from my perspective. It took about 6 weeks for me to get my license when I applied. I am sure this depends on how many applications they are receiving.

On a related note. I had several students who planned to attend NRA Basic Pistol indicate they wanted a FL concealed weapons license. I emailed FL through their website that I was an NRA instructor and I would like to request a few copies of their application packet. Never heard anything back from them. About a week later I returned from a business and there was a big box in my living room. It had 100 FL CCW applications in it! Not just the applications but the full packets complete with instructions, finger print cards, etc. Now here is a State that is looking to issue some licenses.

Top Bottom