• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rkesar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    new whiteland
    I just recently went to south Florida on vacation and did my first hog hunt in Okeechobee. I had a blast and will be doing it every time I go down. The outfitter was a super nice guy and very helpful, we only killed on hog. My dad struck out but after the hunt Charley (the guide) took us out to do some spot lighting to find my dad a hog. He never gave up on finding one, my dad threw in the towel a little after midnight. The weather wasn't the greatest and I think that's why we didn't get anymore pigs. We could hear them grunting and squealing all over but it was just too thick. I dropped my hog where he stood at 55 yards with a 30-30, he weighed 185lbs and had 3in cutters. We had deer and turkeys all over us, The deer may have a little smaller bodies but Charley manages the property very well and has a lot of good deer down there. Some of the pics aren't the greatest, I had to take them with my phone. It was raining and didn't want to get the camera wet. I had a blast and will definitely be going back. Some of the pics are just of the area we hunted but some are of deer at the feeder and there is a pic of my hog laying dead and deer eating around him. There is also pics of a small blacktip shark I caught. These are the only pics I could get to load, Ill try to load the others later

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

mrproc1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Indy
    Where about did you go? I'm from Palm Beach county, and years ago before it was so built up, we head out west of town and snag a couple of them using swap buggies... Brings back some good memories.

rkesar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    new whiteland
    I was staying in west palm beach at my dads, we hunted about 20 min outside of okeechobee. I brought home around 80 lbs of meat, I left a few pounds with my dad

mrproc1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Indy
    Very cool... I grew up in Palm Beach Gardens, and would head out the Beeline to enjoy the swaps. Glad to see South Fl still has some green land and not all concrete.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Just curious, but what is the approximate cost of a guided hog hunt (excluding travel, lodging etc)?

And the question everyone is begging to have answered... did you make some bacon? IE, keep the hog?

rkesar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    new whiteland
    A half day hunt where I went was $175, which is very reasonable down there. They don't have any trophy fees, you can shoot any size hog for one price. Almost every place I found down there has a price to hunt the property and then more money depending on the hogs size. I was more than pleased with the outfitter and the guide charley. He did an awesome job and it was obvious that he loved what he did. He put us in good areas and when he picked me up and saw my hog he was almost as excited as I was. My dad didn't get one so charley took us out to do some spot lighting, he never gave up but my dad threw in the towel because how late it was. The price includes the guide dressing, skinning, and quartering the hog. All you need is your weapon and coolers with ice. He has blinds and stands dedicated for firearms and archery. That property has hogs all over, and I'll be back down there this winter trying to get a couple more with my bowtech

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    A half day hunt where I went was $175, which is very reasonable down there. They don't have any trophy fees, you can shoot any size hog for one price. Almost every place I found down there has a price to hunt the property and then more money depending on the hogs size. I was more than pleased with the outfitter and the guide charley. He did an awesome job and it was obvious that he loved what he did. He put us in good areas and when he picked me up and saw my hog he was almost as excited as I was. My dad didn't get one so charley took us out to do some spot lighting, he never gave up but my dad threw in the towel because how late it was. The price includes the guide dressing, skinning, and quartering the hog. All you need is your weapon and coolers with ice. He has blinds and stands dedicated for firearms and archery. That property has hogs all over, and I'll be back down there this winter trying to get a couple more with my bowtech

That's a good price. I've always wanted to gut out a hog. I'm sure the outfitter wouldn't mind.

Congrats on the hog!

sixty8firebird1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    SE IN
    Nice hog! I'll be looking this outfit up next year. I've been wanting to hunt hogs for a couple years now and this place seems very reasonable. Thanks for the info

dtkw

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    Bloomington
    Look like you had a great time with your dad. And glad you got one and a lot of meat. I'd love to do it for that price, but work and family cores have taken over my hobby times.

Top Bottom