• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Southwest of Indy
    I'm sure this has been answered before, but I can't seem to find through a search. What exactly is a "fluff-n-buff" on a Kel-Tec PF9? I've read that guys say it made their gun functional so much better, but they never explained what the process entailed. Anyone feel like enlightening me on the subject?

Hammer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    On the lake
    Kel Tec will not do it, especially for free. But their warranty is pretty good if one does break.

The F&B sounds worse than it is. I did my P11 with a little sand paper and a dremel tool and sparse amounts of polishing compound. Took about 1 hour, start to finish.

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    It Is This

The "Fluff & Buff, is what Kel-Tec should do before the pistol leaves the factory, but never does.
    Nuff said.

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    The easiest way to "fluff and buff" is to shoot about 200 rounds through it. It will smooth out by just shooting it.

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    The easiest way to "fluff and buff" is to shoot about 200 rounds through it. It will smooth out by just shooting it.

^^^^^This. Had three PF-9s over the last 7 years and every one has eaten any ammo thrown at it without this BS fluff and buff. Just go shoot it and it will be fine.

FMJ

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Fort Waste

^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I just do not understand the KelTek haters! I have had one for a while and the darn thing works just fine.

Taurus in the other hand......

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I just do not understand the KelTek haters! I have had one for a while and the darn thing works just fine.

Taurus in the other hand......

Why do you think I'm a Kel-Tec hater? I've owned four of them that never had an issue! If you want to "fluff and buff", go for it. I just stated that they will smooth out on their own with some shooting.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    The fluff n buff is something keltec would have done, if they had charged more. Defeating the purpose.

Yes, firing does the same thing, this is like a break in period.

You see how rough the inside of a hipoint is? Thats probably why everyone on the ninernet says after 500 rounds, theyre finally broken in.

I have a P-11, the roughness of the internals(which is nothing like as bad as a hipoint) was the least of my worries. When I got it, bench rested, it was 3 feet off at 10 yards. They sent me a new slide, barrel and taller rear sight, so thanks for good customer service.
    I still have to change my fundamentals for this gun. I have to pyramid the sights, even at 3 yards.. Its DEFINITELY, a point and squirter.

I gotta admit, I wasnt exactly impressed with the quality of keltec firearms.
    My dads hipoint is ugly, and rough, but it is very accurate. Im not sure the P11 was worth 100 more.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Southwest of Indy
    Double-Tap... anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice!

I don't think I'll be sending my PF9 in to Kel-Tec any time soon for a Fluff-n-Buff. I bought this gun just as a self-defense piece. If I can hit my target at 15 yards, no big deal. I know I can double-tap a bad guy at 10 feet with no problem, so I'd say the PF9 is doing it's job.

I appreciate all the info and feedback from you guys, related to my original post. Thanks!

Top Bottom