• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Has anyone used this stuff on their firearms. I have been using as a spray on underbody coating on my truck and notice it said to try it on guns. I wasn't brave enough to use it on the internals or down the bore, but I did wipe the exterior with it. The stuff has always worked great for me and penetrated really well as a rust/corrosion prohibitive. Just looking for others thoughts on the subject.

mwilson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    franklin
    we use it at work on our ag equipment. spray it on with a paint gun or it comes in aerosol cans. would probably be fine for long term storage but it is pretty greasy. would not want it on a carry gun as everything seems to stick to it.

92FS

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Phoenix
    From the FAQ link on the Fluid Film web site:

Can I use Fluid Film on firearms?
    Yes. Apply Fluid Film to a clean dry rag, rubbing into metal surface as would be done with a polish or a wax. Will not leave fingerprints or affect bluing. The lanolin base of Fluid Film will also act as a conditioner on wood stock. Fluid Film will hold up in extreme conditions.

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    uid Film is the perfect product for recreational equipment. For hunting and fishing gear, Fluid Film provides a natural corrosion coating that displaces water and moisture, working in all weather and salt water environments. From water-fowling outings to deep-sea fishing, Fluid Film protects guns and rods from rust and corrosion and provides long term lubrication to the tiniest of moving parts. For motorcycle chains and offroading vehicles, Fluid Film provides a barrier of protection from mud and dirt, making a great chain lube where dirt will not build up and where clean up is just a rinse away. Use Fluid Film today for all your recreation gear.
    So..I...dragged out a pistol that had been used hard and put away wet; I sprayed Fluid Film on it and BAM! Not only did the dirt and powder residue bubble off the metal; it actually cleaned the copper fowling out of the barrel without using a wire bore brush...It’s not often that you come across something that works better than advertised; but Fluid Film fits that niche. It also lubricates with a thin film that does not change viscosity due to temperature. That’s a plus for cold weather shooting in a salty duck marsh.

hemicharger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   1
    Mar 14, 2008
    Anywhere
    I started using it on my snow plow about 5 years ago. The stuff works great as a lubricant and rust preventer. I use it on my AR's, Mak90 and every other gun that I have. It wont evaporate over tme ike clp. It does not have the solvents that some of the other lubes have. I know I cant advertise but I do sell the stuff because I run a snow removal and ice management business. If there is enough interest, I will upgrade my membership so I can sell it through this site.

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I started using it on my snow plow about 5 years ago. The stuff works great as a lubricant and rust preventer. I use it on my AR's, Mak90 and every other gun that I have. It wont evaporate over tme ike clp. It does not have the solvents that some of the other lubes have. I know I cant advertise but I do sell the stuff because I run a snow removal and ice management business. If there is enough interest, I will upgrade my membership so I can sell it through this site.
    While I must take your opinion with a grain of salt as a dealer for the product, do you use it on the internals, and down the bore? I know it gets a little thicker the colder it is, and I didn't know how this would affect the internals.
    BTW, I do like the stuff. I got wind of it on a diesel forum I belong to, so I bought a gallon and use a cheap wagner sprayer for the underbody of my truck. You can see the stuff soaking into the metall and spreading out over time, so that right there tells me that is isn't washing off over time.
    I recommend it to everyone, I just wasn't ready to take the leap to replacing my gun oil with it.

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    From the FAQ link on the Fluid Film web site:

Can I use Fluid Film on firearms?
    Yes. Apply Fluid Film to a clean dry rag, rubbing into metal surface as would be done with a polish or a wax. Will not leave fingerprints or affect bluing. The lanolin base of Fluid Film will also act as a conditioner on wood stock. Fluid Film will hold up in extreme conditions.

uid Film is the perfect product for recreational equipment. For hunting and fishing gear, Fluid Film provides a natural corrosion coating that displaces water and moisture, working in all weather and salt water environments. From water-fowling outings to deep-sea fishing, Fluid Film protects guns and rods from rust and corrosion and provides long term lubrication to the tiniest of moving parts. For motorcycle chains and offroading vehicles, Fluid Film provides a barrier of protection from mud and dirt, making a great chain lube where dirt will not build up and where clean up is just a rinse away. Use Fluid Film today for all your recreation gear.
    So..I...dragged out a pistol that had been used hard and put away wet; I sprayed Fluid Film on it and BAM! Not only did the dirt and powder residue bubble off the metal; it actually cleaned the copper fowling out of the barrel without using a wire bore brush...It’s not often that you come across something that works better than advertised; but Fluid Film fits that niche. It also lubricates with a thin film that does not change viscosity due to temperature. That’s a plus for cold weather shooting in a salty duck marsh.
    Yeah, I read the information on the site, I was wanting some first hand opinions based on real world experience. Thanks though.:)

hemicharger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   1
    Mar 14, 2008
    Anywhere
    On my AR, I use it on my BCG. If I put it down the bore, i run a bore snake through it before I shoot. With my glocks, I put some on a q-tip then apply it to the required areas. I do wish it came in a small bottle rather than an aerosol can. As far as selling it, my business partner and I are regional distributers for Fluid film. I can come out to MCFG or Eagle creek and let you guys try some out. Never thought anyone in the firearms community would take an interest in this stuff. There is just too much competition out there. The main advantage to Fluid Film is that its solvent free and its thick so it wont run as easy as other lubricants. Im not saying its the end all to be all for gun lubes but I do think its a quality product that works well for several purposes.

kong1911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Pendleton
    It's the only thing that I use. I've used it 4 over 10 years on all my guns and reloading equipment. Like Chef posted, it foams up and cleans great. I use it on all my high end trap and sporting guns. Down the bore, for all internals it is just great stuff. Give it a try, you will like it...

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It's the only thing that I use. I've used it 4 over 10 years on all my guns and reloading equipment. Like Chef posted, it foams up and cleans great. I use it on all my high end trap and sporting guns. Down the bore, for all internals it is just great stuff. Give it a try, you will like it...
    It foams up? I've never noticed that, but I don't have the aresol can, jsut the gallon bucket. It has the consistancy and look of very thin/runny carmel.

hemicharger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   1
    Mar 14, 2008
    Anywhere
    Ive never had it foam up either. i will get some prices on some small can as I only have gallon buckets and cases of the 11.75oz cans. I know they make a 3 or 4oz can. that would be perfect for the gun cleaning bag

resdep

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Back in the days of 10' satelite dishes I watched a gun show out Louisiana called the Shooting Show. The host pushed Fluid Film for use on guns. I bought a bunch and am still using it. Smells bad but works great.

ThePope

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Fort Wayne,In
    I could be game to try it out on my firearm(s)....where would I find it...auto-shops, WallyWorld, etc.....

IF this isn't a violation of the TOS.....

I don't want to encourage anyone to violate anyone else....

Out, I am, am I ? ?;)

Top Bottom