• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    In Rock Island, Illiniois, a water treatment facility spilled their chemical fluoride agent used to keep your teeth healthy and strong. It burned holes through the cement parking lot.

Something to consider when you're guzzling up that stuff every day of your life. Is it possible that drinking poison could shorten your life? EEEEK! Conspiracy!!

Hazmat crews respond to chemical spill at Rock Island water treatment plant - WQAD

Fluoride spill at water facility literally burns holes in parking lot cement

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I bet everyone who buys into this crap also avoids, lunch meat, sodas, chips, and smokes too. The only difference is YOU voluntarily put that crap in your body, and gov puts the other stuff in your water. :rolleyes:

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    In a related story the tsunami in Japan hasn't changed anyone's minds about water either. When are people going to realize that water can KILL. The government would have you believe it is ok to just keep on drinking it. Dose (concentration) makes the poison, too much pure water and you die.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Fluoride is natural. It has to be safe. Seriously though, if you have too much or too concentrated ANYTHING it will kill you. 100% Oxygen for example, causes organ failure in only a few days.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    That reason has to do with sanitation more than anything else. Don't forget they used to make rat poison with fluoride

Great example of how dose makes the poison. I'm not at all sure what that has to do with the concentration of Fluoride that is found in drinking water.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    The thing that REALLY kills me are the people sucking on a cigarrette complaining about fluoride in their water. Or the ones smoking crack that won't immunize their kids. We are truly in the age of enlightened thinkers.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I bet everyone who buys into this crap also avoids, lunch meat, sodas, chips, and smokes too. The only difference is YOU voluntarily put that crap in your body, and gov puts the other stuff in your water. :rolleyes:

The smart ones do definitely avoid that stuff. For starters. Then give up artificial sweeteners and processed foods.

And you are correct, voluntarily poisoning yourself is your own stupidity.

Government adding things to your water supply without your consent is something else altogether.

Dig your own well, drink bottled or rain water only...problem solved.

But I'm forced to pump poisoned water to my house and pay monthly fees no matter how much I use. So just like with other government services that folks like myself avoid, I am forced to pay twice. There is a systematic problem that needs to be addressed.

Why not let water flow to people's houses, untainted by chemicals, and then let people mix in whatever garbage they feel like? This is how it works with water softeners. Let them buy fluoride treatment themselves and stop making me fund it.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    In a related story the tsunami in Japan hasn't changed anyone's minds about water either. When are people going to realize that water can KILL. The government would have you believe it is ok to just keep on drinking it. Dose (concentration) makes the poison, too much pure water and you die.

Do you mean too much quantity of water or too pure of water? For arguments sake.... (since INGOers love to argue ;) )

Water toxicity where you can kill your self by drinking too much volume of water in a specific amount of time hyper-hydration (on avg > 1 liter per hour) However I'm not sure if you only drank water composed of two hydrogens and one oxygen with zero impurities it constitutes poison.

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    Its 2011, and we have yet to see a plague epidemic in the US that kills 50% of our population, dang maybe this health regulation stuff is working after all.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Government adding things to your water supply without your consent is something else altogether.

But I'm forced to pump poisoned water to my house and pay monthly fees no matter how much I use. So just like with other government services that folks like myself avoid, I am forced to pay twice. There is a systematic problem that needs to be addressed.

quote]

This is one thing I agree with you on Rambone :yesway:, but don't tell my dentist buddies.:D

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Why not let water flow to people's houses, untainted by chemicals, and then let people mix in whatever garbage they feel like? This is how it works with water softeners. Let them buy fluoride treatment themselves and stop making me fund it.

DID YOU NOT READ THE ARTICLE!!!!! FLUORIDE IS VERY DANGEROUS STUFF MAN, IT CAN BURN A HOLE IN CONCRETE!!!! AVERAGE CITIZENS CAN'T HAVE THAT KIND OF DANGEROUS STUFF IN OUR HOUSES, WE NEED THE GOVERNMENT TO TAKE CARE OF THAT FOR US!!!
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Do you mean too much quantity of water or too pure of water? For arguments sake.... (since INGOers love to argue ;) )

Water toxicity where you can kill your self by drinking too much volume of water in a specific amount of time hyper-hydration (on avg > 1 liter per hour) However I'm not sure if you only drank water composed of two hydrogens and one oxygen with zero impurities it constitutes poison.

Thanks, my post was not well written. I meant quantity. It isn't the best example in hind sight because I am basically arguing dosage/concentration and used a volume example. :n00b: Thats what I get for posting in between patients, all I really proved is that I am the one lacking concentration.

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country

Good idea, but on the policy side it is blatantly discriminatory. Poor folks wouldn't go buy the unit, and poor folk are more likly to be minority and live in urban areas with the worst quality of water.

I really do like the idea for the rural folks, but even then I think its a very discriminatory thing.

Again, good idea, but its very discriminatory.

Top Bottom