• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Thanks for the links guys. My cousin's step dad has been going up there for years, I guess. That's where my brother got the idea. He recommended going in August or September because the skeeters are so bad in the summer it's unbearable. I'm not sure how cold it would be late summer, early fall up there.

It looks like Air Ivanhoe allows 100# per person and overage charges above that. I'm thinking I'd have to pack a bunch of MRE's and some canned goods to last a week up there. I definitely wouldn't count on fish for all meals. My luck, I wouldn't catch a single fish and have nothing to eat. They're supposed to fly in mid week to check in on you as well.

We'll keep looking into it. Sounds like it would be a good time.

geno2k

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2011
    It has been over ten years since I was up there and I have ben dying to go back. Awesome fishing. We used Canoe Canada Outfitters. They offer fly in guided and unguided canoe trips into quetico park. They also offer fly in cabins of different sizes. They also offer a bunkhouse at the lodge. If you get in to town the day before flying out we stayed in the bunkhouse for 6 each. It is around a thousand dollars a trip nowadays. Before flying out the outfitter sat down with us and went over a map of the lake with us. He told us where and how people were catching fish. Not that it mattered, we caught fish everywhere on everything. I used a white on bottom and black on top jointed rapala for the first two days. I only changed to see if they would bite on something else. My buddy drug out an 11 inch long daredevil spoon and towed it around the lake on a lark. He caught the smallest fish of the trip on it, a 10 inch pike. Anyway it was an awesome time and I really want to fo back.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    My brother has been bugging me for a few years to go on a Canadian fly in fishing trip. He's looking at Air Ivanhoe. Anyone here done anything like this or have any recommendations?

I hate to pay money for fishing and hunting trips. I seem to always have bad luck on these types of things. I'll go fishing or hunting with someone who has the greatest stories. They see and get bigger and better every time out and when I go, we don't see or get squat.

Looks like most of the trips Air Ivanhoe offers run about a grand for a week. Might be nice to just get up there and get away for a week.

Forgot to say in my first post...

YOU. MUST. GO.

An experience everyone who remotely enjoys fishing and/or the outdoors should have at least once.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    My husband uses the outfitter called Kashabowie Outposts. They have multiple (10 I think) lakes they will fly you into one and drop you off. No cell phone or interruptions for a week. They do check on you every day via a satalite phone, in case there is an emergency. So it's not like you are stranded. :)

Hubby didn't stop smiling for months when he came home. He's going again this June. They go early in the year before the bugs start getting bad. One of the guys that is in the group with my hubby caught the biggest pike of the year last year. It was 45.25 inches long.

This outfitter is at the Indianapolis Boat and RV show in February too, if you want to check them out in person. Fern and Brian are great to work with.
    Here's a link to their website. I can't speak highly enough of this outfitter.
    Ontario, Canada Fly in Fishing

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    We've always gone in the first week of June, and we have NEVER had to worry about not having enough fish. I can almost taste the fresh fried walleye now... :drool:

Top Bottom