• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    I found an FN FAL Metric at a LGS. I don't know much about them other than I want one.

I am pretty sure $599 OTD is a good price. Just looking for quick confirmation. It doesn't have a bipod or flash hider. It comes with 3 20 round mags and a cardboard box. It is an IMBEL receiver and that is all I know at the moment. I figure I can learn more after I get it. I just want to make sure I am getting a deal like I think I am.

8jdMzCU.jpg

7z88dVY.jpg

CD6eYhR.jpg

Tula47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Jun 28, 2013
    Knox Co.
    I've owned two of them and have never paid sub $600 for either over the course of the last four years. I would probably jump on it for $600

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    Thanks. Is there anything I should look at on this rifle? What do you think this rifle should be worth?

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Looks good. Class 3 receiver on a class 1 or 2 lower. Though it does not have a bipod, the barrel is cut for one. You could add it. Too bad about the muzzle device, but for that price, you can't have everything.

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    That's no deal,...it's a steal! Gear logo Imbel receivers are going for around $500 and that looks like most of an Austrian Steyr StG kit used for the build. $900 as it sits. Most people ditch the steel handguards and the bipod so there's no need to worry about those.

sht4brnz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    N.IndNpls
    Definitely worth it!
    Imbel is an excellent reciever which is one of the most important components of a FAL that you need to look for. There are/were a lot of Steyr kits that sub-premium companies put on their sub-par receivers, making a sub par gun.
    Better jump on it before it disappears.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    That is a great deal, looks familiar, is familiar:

attachment.php

Absolutely one of my favorite shooters. I can shoot a four inch group at 100 yards standing using silver bear ammo. Very accurate and very dependable.

Buy it so I don't have to track it down at that great price.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    I'm ordering a receiver to build up a fal right now thats 500$.... Kinda makes me sick seeing this whole rifle for not much more!! haha. Buy it, you will never regret it!

As for the flash hider, IF it bugs you, you can have a smith, or bum some tools to pull the barrel and have it threaded. I have a L1A1 that got the Clinton treatment in the 90's that I'm gonna do that with. PITA, but it bugs the crap out of me.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    If you were in the Southern Indiana area, it would be tempting to offer mine up. It is pretty similar to that one, not an Imbel receiver but does have the aluminum lower. It was a Century FrankenFal with a chopped barrel that I swapped out the lower to make a "lightish weight" carbine.

I have been pondering getting out of the .308 platform, only have one rifle remaining that shoots that caliber and trying to consolidate a little more as I get older. Then again, if I do that, I would probably end up getting a 300 blackout or something like that to shoot suppressed and start all over with another cartridge.

I haven been thinking of consolidating to either the AK or AR. Cheaper to shoot and reload. I have plenty of Lake City .308 but hate shooting it because of the cost to replace or reload it now.

Top Bottom