• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mfirem19

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2012
    Grant County
    I really like my Sig AR15. was considering trading for an FN/PS90. I know the ammo availability is low for the PS90 (5.7x28). But as far as a tactical rifle the PS90 just seems very verstlie. Any thoughts in general?

sadaed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Ammo for the 5.7 is hard to find, and pricey $$$$$$$. i would say if you like the feel of your AR, stay with it. Sig makes a great gun and it'll be much cheaper shooting.

duff72

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    The sight over bore is very hard to get used to on the FN but a great little gun . No recoil ,light weight , high capacity,but ammo is a killer

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    FN ammo is scarce now because FN was on strike. I understand that ammo should be available in early 2013. And if you buy it in bulk from Cabela's on sale, or similar, you can get it for $15.90/box 50.

On the other hand, good SD ammo from EA is all sold out. You can back order everything except T6.

I was contemplating a PS90, but I think I'd rather have an AR15 pistol. Larger round and should you need to, you can carry them loaded in your vehicle in any state as they are a pistol, not a rifle.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    FN ammo is scarce now because FN was on strike. I understand that ammo should be available in early 2013. And if you buy it in bulk from Cabela's on sale, or similar, you can get it for $15.90/box 50.

On the other hand, good SD ammo from EA is all sold out. You can back order everything except T6.

I was contemplating a PS90, but I think I'd rather have an AR15 pistol. Larger round and should you need to, you can carry them loaded in your vehicle in any state as they are a pistol, not a rifle.

Went to Cabela's to find 5.7x28 for $15.90 a box and couldn't find it. Do you have a link to where you saw it at that price?

Thanks

dascollector

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    The PS90 has a far more limited range - an AR can be expected to ably handle 300 yards, and service rifle shooters with 20 inch barrels hit targets at 600 yards quite handily. The PS90 will do about 150 yards. I regularly shoot mine at 100.

I really like the PS90 - it's light, handy, completely ambidextrous, and really friendly for new shooters. It's also one of the big grin inducing guns I can take to the range, and it's quite easy to be accurate with, especially for quick followup shots. This does mean that my brother in law makes me poorer faster when I hand it over to him!

Ammo tends to run around the same price as higher quality .223 - boxes of 50 are closer to $21-22 in my experience, unless you buy in a really large quantities. $400 for 1,000 rounds is pretty average there. You can carry an amazing amount of 5.7x28 for the same weight and space as .223/5.56 takes up. Magazines are also a bit more than PMags or standard milspec 30 rounders although recently they can be had for $20ish for OEM magazines.

My take: if you have a chance to get a PS90 at a great price, go for it. It's a fun gun that's easy to shoot. If you want a gun that's easier to modify, has a longer range, and shoots cheaper ammo that's easier to reload, keep the AR.

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    Went to Cabela's to find 5.7x28 for $15.90 a box and couldn't find it. Do you have a link to where you saw it at that price?

Thanks

Online on sale. They are out right now (last time I checked). Here's the sales they have. I purchased twice last year. Wait till they get FN ammo back in stock. When they had some earlier this year it sold out fast.

500 rds. $229
    Sale $179
    Coupon $20 (they always have coupons online)
    Final price 500 rds. $159 (plus free ammo can)

Top Bottom