• Status
    Not open for further replies.

green55

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    Marion County
    Hello all…just joined the forums after having read many a thread as a guest.

If anyone has a MAP torch and wants to help out a new Mosin owner with a stuck rear sight assembly, please PM me!

Good to be a part of INGO…I hope to contribute more soon.

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    Just saying, I used a Ronsin Tech Torch, here, and it worked perfectly to knock out my rear assembly..

They're about $25 at Ace Hardware. Originally bought it to use last 4th of July to light fireworks, lights fires quickly, its over all a pretty neat little lighter to have around the house. In fact, we have two of them. But I only had to use one on my Mosin. Three minutes of heating back and forth on one side of the rear sight, and it popped off really quick.

green55

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    Marion County
    Just saying, I used a Ronsin Tech Torch, here, and it worked perfectly to knock out my rear assembly..

They're about $25 at Ace Hardware. Originally bought it to use last 4th of July to light fireworks, lights fires quickly, its over all a pretty neat little lighter to have around the house. In fact, we have two of them. But I only had to use one on my Mosin. Three minutes of heating back and forth on one side of the rear sight, and it popped off really quick.

I appreciate that tip, I may just have to pick one up. Thanks to everyone else as well…I feel at home!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom