• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dboz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Greenwood
    Sorry, I don't own the 9, but I do have the .45 tactical, and it is a very good shooter. Came with 3 mags and I have been pretty happy. I did own the FNP .40, and it was a good gun too. I would have kept it if it was in 9mm, but I got rid of everything in .40. I wouldn't have a problem recommending any of there handguns.

That being said, I can't think of a single handgun they make that would lend itself well to concealed carry. The FNS9 falls into this category, too big for me to carry.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    I've handled the FNS and the FNX and one thing that stood out to me was how nice the trigger was. I almost bought a used one at Beech Grove Firearms a couple months ago just from how sweet the trigger felt.

bobby knight

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 31, 2013
    Monticello
    I read a review in Guns and Ammo about how bad the trigger was, but that is definitely not the case with mine. They did say it was one of the first off the assy. line though.

DFM914

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Avon
    I have an FNP-9 and an FNS-9, both outstanding, reliable and fun to shoot! I would never hesitate to buy one.

G582

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    Greenwood
    I had an fns 9 and one in 40. The grip texture is pretty aggressive but nothing a light rub with some fine grit sandpaper won't fix. Very good handling, though they seem to get alittle hot due to the thinner barrel. Overall I thought they were pretty good

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    I've handled the older FN9 (FNP9 ?), and the FNS9 and they are great. NOT a CCW in my opinion, but great shooting guns - they're more of a full-size duty pistol
    I'm a lefty and they have lefty-friendly controls, but I've mostly stayed with Glocks for accessories.
    FN makes some very nice guns. In my experience the fit and finish has been top notch, great shooters, and fair prices. I've heard that extra mags can be a bit pricey

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Bullseye

My petite wife shoots well with her FNX-9. Her very first round shooting any handgun she punched a hole right in the middle of the bullseye. An enjoyable, comfortable, accurate, fun gun to shoot. Has lefty friendly controls for her. Would be a challenge to conceal.

walleyepw

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Resurrecting this old thread. I purchased a FNS40 about a year ago and really like it. In fact I like it so much that I recently traded of a G22 Gen 3 for a FNX 40.
    Things that I like about the FN pistols is the true ambidextrous controls, grip texture, and the feel of the pistols in the hand. One thing that I dislike about the FN pistols is the cost of magazines. But as each pistol has 3 magazines, I will be ok.

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    i love my FN9c. ive owned a lot of carry guns, and its been the best one I found. It was stuff at first, and I had a couple jammed rounds at first, but once I put 200 rounds through it and broke it in, its been fine ever since.

INPoolPlayer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2017
    NOBLESVILLE
    I bought a 509 late last summer and it runs like a sewing machine with any type of ammo you want to put through it. There doesn't seem to be a lot of hype or live for FN pistols, but I have to say they seem like a best kept secret to me.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

walleyepw

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    I bought a 509 late last summer and it runs like a sewing machine with any type of ammo you want to put through it. There doesn't seem to be a lot of hype or live for FN pistols, but I have to say they seem like a best kept secret to me.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I have to agree that there is very little hype for FN pistols.

smythe012

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99.3%
    147   1   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Northwest Indiana
    Sold (almost) all my Glocks for the FNS-9s. The trigger, grip texture, grip angle and even standard sights were all better out of the box. I would have gone with the 509 but the magazines aren’t compatible with the FNS. series unless you change baseplates.

Overall, I think these pistols are excellent and a huge value for what they are going for these days ($350-$375ish). Magazines are still pricey but at least you get three with a new purchase.

Top Bottom