• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Has anyone had the opportunity to handle / shoot on of these yet? I have an FNP 40 and love it. The FNX peaked my interest because of the extra backstraps and I like the looks. The reviews I've read are all positive but some are a bit underwhelmed over the FNP-9.
    Like my wife said when I mentioned getting one:
    "just what you need, another FN gun".

barrelmaker_2002

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Rochester, MN
    Has anyone had the opportunity to handle / shoot on of these yet? I have an FNP 40 and love it. The FNX peaked my interest because of the extra backstraps and I like the looks. The reviews I've read are all positive but some are a bit underwhelmed over the FNP-9.
    Like my wife said when I mentioned getting one:
    "just what you need, another FN gun".

If you like the FNP you will probably like the FNX as the two are quite similar. The FNX has ambi controls, a decock/man. safety vs. decocker only, front slide serrations and exchangeable back straps.

If you want those features, then the FNX-40 would probably be a decent upgrade over your FNP. If those features are not important to you, then there is likely no point.

To actually answer your question, I have not shot or handled an FNX pistol. I have shot and handled an FNP .45, which I liked. However, I will generally not buy a DA/SA gun for carry, so they would not be an option if I were in the market for a new gun.

Anyway, take what I say w/ a grain of salt.

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    I don't care for the way the mag locks into the gun. It has bad habit of not locking into place unless you really tap it in there. I owned it for 3 weeks before selling it, because of that issue...

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I don't care for the way the mag locks into the gun. It has bad habit of not locking into place unless you really tap it in there. I owned it for 3 weeks before selling it, because of that issue...

Unless FN has fixed the issue I would stick the FNP. They are having problems with the magazines for one, as stated above. They have to be forced into the mag well. Or you have to tilt the magazine forward, as you insert it. Second problem being the backstrap working loose over time. Guess they did not put a crew in it, like on the FNP. I'm going to be buying a FNP in .40, because of those issues. Hopefully they get the bugs worked out, because they are an outstanding gun. I'm waiting for the FNS line to hit the market. If you have not already, check out the FN forum.

FN PS90 FN SCAR FN FS2000 FN FiveseveN 5.8x28mm FNP :: FN Forum.NET

The issues stated above have been talked about on there. Just so you do not think I'm blowing smoke up your ***.

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Thanks for the feedback. Did not know about the mag problems. I guess the extra cost and problems stated are making me lean toward the FNP 9.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Thanks for the feedback. Did not know about the mag problems. I guess the extra cost and problems stated are making me lean toward the FNP 9.

No problem just trying to help a fellow shooter. Would hate to see you buy one, then have problems with it. I'm positive that FN will get the bugs worked out. They are a top notch company, and I'm very pleased with my FNP. That's why I'll be buying another one soon. Also they will have there striker fired FNS out sometime, and there is rumors of them also working on a compact.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I purchased a FNX-9 for my wife and I am considering buying one for myself now.

A full magazine with 17 rounds does need to be given a decent amount of force for it to seat. Other than that I am EXTREMELY happy with the gun. I like the safety/de-cock lever controls, and the mag release has a really nice feel to it.

I have put 200-250 rounds through it with no malfunctions, and I find it extremely accurate, however my wife has had a few issues with failure to feed, but in the guns defense we are still working on her form. (at first she was "riding the slide" when chambering a round and she is working on stiffening up her wrist when firing)

If you already own an FNP I'm not sure it would be a significant upgrade, but the FNX is a fantastic handgun in my opinion.

Top Bottom