• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sianbrimons

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 4, 2010
    Elkhart
    Has anyone here had a Fobus paddle holster that's just ridiculously tight? This one is model GL2, holds so tight it's hard to clip in, and near impossible to remove the pistol while it's in the holster. Anybody else run into this? What did you do to remedy this? i don't want to just drill the rivet out and guess and check if i don't have to, anybody already done this? know how much space it needs? Or do i just have to wear it in? It's ABS plastic by the way... :dunno:

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Seems like you could drill out the rivets and install a small nut and bolt on it to your specs.

sianbrimons

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 4, 2010
    Elkhart
    Seems like you could drill out the rivets and install a small nut and bolt on it to your specs.

that's what i was starting to think, then i remember the last time i drilled a rivet on plastic, the rivet spins for a half a second and next thing you know the rivet will burn through the plastic like it's nothing, i'm hoping somebody's ran into this before and has a proven solution, if all else fails i think i'll have to drill it...

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    The adjustable ones have a screw/nut and a rubber washer or o-ring in between the plastic halves that you can vary the pressure to change the amount of squeeze.
    Home fix should be easy.

Last edited:

sianbrimons

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 4, 2010
    Elkhart
    This one is the non-adjustable, if it were, something tells me big bro would expect me to pony up a few bucks for it, it's brand new, and i really like the holster other than that it grabs so tight, but ya, i'll be picking up that adjusting screw there, and probly put some automotive 0-ring between the plastic...

sianbrimons

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 4, 2010
    Elkhart
    i was talking with my buddy phil, honestly i didn't know the rem-oil would do anything to the plastic, didn't know the rem-oil was that type of chemical to "warm it up" or what-not. a thought i'm having now is also heat it up just a little bit with my heat gun and work the gun through there a few times. i just can't believe how tight the thing is now, i could nearly clip my 26 into it, try to pull it out and just about rip that section of my pants out with the holster before the pistol would come out of the holster. it's ridiculous to say the least, however i try to be as savvy as possible and work with what i have whenever possible. i'll try a few things, and a big thanks for all the input guys!

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    yeah, we've talked about that Fobus quite a few times.

cliff-notes:

1. Draw STRAIGHT up
    2. After quite a few draws, it will loosen up a little.
    3. A light wipe of Armor All will ease the tension.

sianbrimons

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 4, 2010
    Elkhart
    yeah, we've talked about that Fobus quite a few times.

cliff-notes:

1. Draw STRAIGHT up
    2. After quite a few draws, it will loosen up a little.
    3. A light wipe of Armor All will ease the tension.

nice, thanks for the tips! i'll definetly try the Armor All tomorrow, should be able to find some in the garage... :yesway:

fastwally

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Peru
    For those of you that have a Fobus holster that is to tight, especially the gen 2 with the screw and washer you can loosen them up easy. Take the screw completely loose and heat the area below the screw with a hair dryer until it gets real warm and then stick something in it to spread it out more than it should be. Then stick it in the freezer until it cools out, then pull out what you put in there to spread it. It should now be spread a little to much. Squeeze it together and put your screw back in. You can now adjust it to the tension you want.
    It will work on the gen 1 holsters, you just have to heat, spread, cool, a little at a time.

salemons

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NorthWest Indiana
    One of the first holsters I got for my Glock was a Fobus. Had the same too tight problem. Would pull the holster off with the gun still in it. The way I fixed it was to get a different holster. I have a few I like now but my favorite paddle is my Sherpa.

bobbystoney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 3, 2010
    I never thought that I'd get my p22 out of my holster the first time I put it in. I've gotten better with it though.

OutaAmmo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2010
    Holster

Had the same problem with a P89 Ruger last summer and just put the Fobus Holster in a box. Read this thread last week and got some Armor All today and I can't believe how much that made a difference. I thought I was going to have to beat that gun out of the holster the first time I put it in. I worked the gun in and out about 50 times after spraying the Armor All in it and it is just right now. Thanks guys for the tip.

Top Bottom