• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Richwon4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    Northern IN
    For those of us that use the vacum sealer systems (Food Saver 3800). I got mine a couple weeks ago and love it. The question I have is this....are there any generic bags or rolls that work equally as well? Food saver says to only use their brand.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    We inherited a little food saver vacuum sealer, and the off brand bags work just as well. Only reason we inherited it was because it's a pain to get the bag to seal properly on this model...BUT it does have the spot for the canner attachment, so BONUS :)

Curls & Swirls

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Morgan County
    we have yet to purchase the can topper but I am sure we will prior to next deer season or sooner for canning other stuff.

I love my lid attachments to my vac. The Can Topper attachment does not make it acctually "canned" it just sucks the air out. Most item need to be pressure canned or the waterbath method used to make them safe for long term storage. You may already know this but I just thought the way your statement was worded I might mention it. I wouldn't know why you couldn't use it for things like dry beans,rice, and such though.

Richwon4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    Northern IN
    My wife keeps talking sugard, salt, and other similar stuff. We are getting ready to do up some beans, rice, a few other things in food storage buckets with some kind of tablet thing that takes the ox out.

poisonspyder

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    Durango
    I'm not seeing the rolls on keepfresh.com

Sorry that's because I am lazy and I buy sized pre cut bags. They are much easier to use and still cost less then a roll from say walmart. They have just about all the sizes I would want. 100 pack is like 20 bucks Of 8x12 bags.

Squirt239

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    North of Brownsburg
    Keep an eye on the Kroger off brand. Sometimes they are $2 off per box (2 rolls per box). I believe the brand is "Keep Fresh" or "Stay Fresh". It comes in a white and purple box. They work just as good as the Food Saver brand and cost (when on sale) about a third less.

Top Bottom