• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fireman1328

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Just this week the wife and I found an Amish place that has bulk food, other commodities and also a butcher that sells all kinds of meat. The store sells all kinds of grains, soup mixes where you just add water (or milk) beans, and other things. I ask them how long the soups could be stored and they said if vacuum packed, they should last for years. Some of the types of soup they had were vegetable, chicken noodle, potatoe, bacon cheddar potatoe, cream of broccli, chili, and probably at least 4 or 5 others. We have tried some of them and they are very, very good. They also had powdered milk, eggs, goat milk and a few other things. We also found that the greenhouses sell veggy and flower plants for a lot less than walmart or other greenhouses. If anyone wants more info I will gladly share it.

Fire

fireman1328

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Central Indiana
    The store is called Peacheys, and is located just north of Rockville on 100 E or Marshall road. I have a brochure that I got from them and I'll try to scan and post it. If you can find Rockville lake, all you have to do is go past the entrance about 2-3 miles and its on the left. There are lots of Amish stores and greenhouses around the area.

Fire

fireman1328

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I couldn't get it scanned and posted here, but the address is

Peacheys
    1631 N Mull Rd
    Rockville Indiana 47872

When I googled the address is came back as not found, but digging a little more has the Rd as N 150 E, if you use the 1631 address it will give you the road and then its an easy find. If you go, be sure to pick up the guide book, it shows where there are lots of other Amish stores. They even have one that sells Red Wing and Wolverine work boots.

Fire

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I couldn't get it scanned and posted here, but the address is

Peacheys
    1631 N Mull Rd
    Rockville Indiana 47872

When I googled the address is came back as not found, but digging a little more has the Rd as N 150 E, if you use the 1631 address it will give you the road and then its an easy find. If you go, be sure to pick up the guide book, it shows where there are lots of other Amish stores. They even have one that sells Red Wing and Wolverine work boots.

Fire
    +1 thanks a ton for the info

fireman1328

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Yes its off 80 East.Google has Mull Rd listed as North 100 East, so if you google 1631 North 100 East it will show the address a little east of where the actaul house is, but it will get you on the right road and then its easy to find. If you still have trouble let me know and I can email you a link to the google map.

Fire

whipfinish

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Thanks much for sharing this. If anyone goes there, stop in at the 36 Saloon in downtown Rockville (located just east of the square on US36) for a great lunch or dinner. If you are into animal mounts and sports bars, this is your mecca and a great oasis for this part of Indiana.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Thanks Fire...
    You didn't by any chance get prices on the bulk items?
    Also bulk itmes and in "super pal" type of just bulk as it #10 cans of xyz?

Lastly is this place "near" the water barrel auctions? From the map it's NORTH of Terrau Haute (?sp?) which is the general area where the water barrel auction are at right?

fireman1328

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Thanks Fire...
    You didn't by any chance get prices on the bulk items?
    Also bulk itmes and in "super pal" type of just bulk as it #10 cans of xyz?

Lastly is this place "near" the water barrel auctions? From the map it's NORTH of Terrau Haute (?sp?) which is the general area where the water barrel auction are at right?

Yes, its in the same area, actually only a couple of miles apart. The bulk items are bagged up, and in various sizes. I need to talk to them more about large bulk purchases.

Fire

Top Bottom