• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    +1 Haleys lodge hands down for great customer service and proper employee safe handling.

-1 Four guns for poor employee safety and sometimes outrageous prices on the more popular firearms compared to other shops. Mainly though, beware this store for poor employee safety procedures. Ill never go back.

The rest of the place you mentioned are inbetween and average to me. AB is nice because of the range, but not a big selection of firearms.

TJSaltdog

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2012
    Lafayette
    +1 Haleys lodge hands down for great customer service and proper employee safe handling.

-1 Four guns for poor employee safety and sometimes outrageous prices on the more popular firearms compared to other shops. Mainly though, beware this store for poor employee safety procedures. Ill never go back.

The rest of the place you mentioned are inbetween and average to me. AB is nice because of the range, but not a big selection of firearms.

If AB had a good selection of firearms they would easily be Lafayette's best gun shop.You figured a good gun range like them would have a better selection.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    If AB had a good selection of firearms they would easily be Lafayette's best gun shop.You figured a good gun range like them would have a better selection.

I disagree. Their prices are not competitive. I have seen several guns in there that I would have liked to purchase but it just didn't make sense at their prices.

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011

That is true. There lack of gun selection makes what they have cost more than it should as well. They need to consider consignments to really pull people in...But then again. Its there and its making money, so maybe they are just happy being a indoor range first and a gun store second.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    That is true. There lack of gun selection makes what they have cost more than it should as well. They need to consider consignments to really pull people in...But then again. Its there and its making money, so maybe they are just happy being a indoor range first and a gun store second.

Stan is no longer with AB. There are some changes that have taken place very recently. Dan is still there, and doing good work on guns

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    Sallee's is accross the road from Klondike school on Klondike road which is just past the Menards on Northwestern Ave headed north out of West Lafayette.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    If that's true I may have go back and see how things have changed.

It is true. the other co-owner is now I believe the owner. He and his son were running the place when I was there on Friday.

I asked about Stan, was told he was no longer affiliated with Applied Ballistics.

Electronrider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    White County
    It is true. the other co-owner is now I believe the owner. He and his son were running the place when I was there on Friday.

I asked about Stan, was told he was no longer affiliated with Applied Ballistics.

Wow! I am really surprised that Stan sold out his share, that was originally his shop. Will have to see if they have made any real changes or not.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    Wow! I am really surprised that Stan sold out his share, that was originally his shop. Will have to see if they have made any real changes or not.

The only change I have seen thus far is that a student organization I am a part of negotiated a deal to go for a few hours like we did last year. We got a great deal then and were told initially the same thing would happen. When our guys got there the deal was suddenly changed with no warning. If there were another range in the area my business at AB would have stopped then and there.

Top Bottom