• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    II would even go so far as saying they're rare in America. For a $400-$500 (once $325ish) handgun with the ergonomics and features it provides, I don't think I could go wrong. Plus I like knowing I have something that a large % of other gun owners do not have. Who knows, this thing could turn out like the FN 5.7... no one wants it now, but down the road the prices may increase... I mean it already has to some extent (probably due to legislation though).

Not to rain on the parade, but Canik 55s are not very rare. They can be found online all day for $400 and below.

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Not to rain on the parade, but Canik 55s are not very rare. They can be found online all day for $400 and below.

Rare in terms of not many people have them. Just because there is a low price tag on them doesn't mean the american populous knows they exist lol.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Sounds as if a CZ shoot in Lafayette is in order. I have a few 75s and a 97B to shoot. Won't even mention the rifles...... :koolaid:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'd be up for that. We have 4 CZs and an AR 24K to bring to the party. The other CZs run from stock to mid-level modified. The AR is box stock. I really like the SAR built AR and the quality is a step above the CZs in terms of machine work, but they have a couple of oddities that should be better. For instance, they come with a short grip and a 13 round mag that has a large extension on the bottom.From the size of the mag, they should be running closer to 15 or 16 rounds, but came in as only 13. Plus, they could have made a 10 round flat bottom mag to make the gun more concealable kind of like CZ does with the Rami. Instead, they went somewhere in the middle. But, they work with stock CZ mags if you don't mind the mag hanging out from the grip. I could probably cut down a P01 base plate to fit but don't care that much.

cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    Not to hijack this but, if anyone ever wants to try my 75, CTS Custom, or SP01 Shadow T, I can meet at Debs in NWI. Just trying to be helpful:)

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Not to hijack this but, if anyone ever wants to try my 75, CTS Custom, or SP01 Shadow T, I can meet at Debs in NWI. Just trying to be helpful:)

Oh my goodness! I so so sooo wish I lived closer to you. That would be a hell of a gun to try out.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Sounds as if a CZ shoot in Lafayette is in order. I have a few 75s and a 97B to shoot. Won't even mention the rifles...... :koolaid:

We are meeting at 10am this coming Saturday at Applied Ballistics. We were planning on 9 but I just checked and they don't open until 10 so... Anyone who wants to come is ok by me. I plan to bring my five CZ handguns and, probably, my Smith snubby.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    We are meeting at 10am this coming Saturday at Applied Ballistics. We were planning on 9 but I just checked and they don't open until 10 so... Anyone who wants to come is ok by me. I plan to bring my five CZ handguns and, probably, my Smith snubby.

Dang, I won't be able to make it up there for that one. Hopefully the weather doesn't go south on you. I too 5-6 CZs and a S&W snubby to try out. :)

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    That's too bad. I was hoping we could get as many guys, CZ fans or not, as we could together and really swap guns around. Well, hopefully if things go well we can do it again sometime. I am definitely planning to be there this Saturday morning at 10am. I will be bringing four CZ handguns and the snubby. All are welcome to come. I don't know what the current policy on long guns is. They had an issue with some idiot using some ammo he shouldn't have and damaging things. Probably better to leave the long guns at home for this one.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    That's too bad. I was hoping we could get as many guys, CZ fans or not, as we could together and really swap guns around. Well, hopefully if things go well we can do it again sometime. I am definitely planning to be there this Saturday morning at 10am. I will be bringing four CZ handguns and the snubby. All are welcome to come. I don't know what the current policy on long guns is. They had an issue with some idiot using some ammo he shouldn't have and damaging things. Probably better to leave the long guns at home for this one.

We will have enough people to have a good time! I can't remember what they decided on long guns. They may just ask to check your ammo. You could bring .22 rifles for sure, but I'm not bringing any.

Birds, should you call and let them know a contingent will be coming? Can you reserve lanes?

Not worried about weather since I live in Lafayette.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    It depends how many people want to come. If it is just the three of us then I don't think it is a big deal. If we get more than five or six then I will give them a call. Who wants to go?

Glocksmith

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Lafayette
    I have 4 steel frame EAA Witnesses, compact in .40, full size in 9mm, 2 full size in .45. Have loved them for a decade plus. Excellent quality for the money, and they fit the hand very well. Can't say enough good about them. Don't care for the poly models, but the steel frames are an A+ for me.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I have 4 steel frame EAA Witnesses, compact in .40, full size in 9mm, 2 full size in .45. Have loved them for a decade plus. Excellent quality for the money, and they fit the hand very well. Can't say enough good about them. Don't care for the poly models, but the steel frames are an A+ for me.

What don't you like about the polymer models?

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The only CZ I ever owned was the .45 and it was fantastic but huge. I traded it for a little motorcycle. The CZ is possibly the best look gun out there other than the venerable 1911.

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    It depends how many people want to come. If it is just the three of us then I don't think it is a big deal. If we get more than five or six then I will give them a call. Who wants to go?

I'll be there @ 10am sharp. Coming up from Indy.
    Bringing a fellow CZ fan with me. Just sent my Canik out for the trigger to be gunsmithed today so won't have that, but I'll have an M9, p226 mk25, and 9mm RIA 1911 GI with me. Friend will have SAR B6P, Walter PPK, and Walter P22.

Top Bottom