Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Sigh

One day.

I'm hoping for me too. My wife never wanted to live outside of a neighborhood due to my extensive travel. Our next move will be what she wants; to live close to our daughter. I have said that I'm open, but would be more open if we could move out to the country.

I also reminded her that I will be retired by then and won't be traveling.:)

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    What would be ideal is if clusters of guys here and there could crowd fund our own rural properties. I wouldn't need 20 acres if I knew I had good neighbors going in... plus a common range.

I'm basically suggesting we become the Gun Amish. :)

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    :rockwoot: Congrats!

I'm still waiting to close on mine. Apparently the listing agent is slow to respond and not getting the paperwork to the title company. I'm chomping at the bit to get access before the last week of the year...

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Oh I'm not joking

Edit: I own 3 acres, but have a jerk off neighbor that moved here from Chicago and thinks he owns everybody's land and can tell them what they can do. No fun

dvd1955

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2013
    Howard County
    Closed on a little chunk of heaven today after buying it on contract for the past two years. It's only 1.7 acres but it's got a creek through it and it's right across the road from the other 11.25 that I'm paying for but will likely never own. We've had access to it since we moved in two years ago so we've already had a lot of fun and great memories over there. I'm pretty excited. We can't build anything on it but I wouldn't want to anyway.

ELqTE4eh.jpg
    Is that a canal? If so, that would be pretty cool if you could learn the history of it.

Eagle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 29, 2020
    Greenwood
    What would be ideal is if clusters of guys here and there could crowd fund our own rural properties. I wouldn't need 20 acres if I knew I had good neighbors going in... plus a common range.

I'm basically suggesting we become the Gun Amish. :)

That’s a really good idea. Count me in!

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    :rockwoot: Congrats!

I'm still waiting to close on mine. Apparently the listing agent is slow to respond and not getting the paperwork to the title company. I'm chomping at the bit to get access before the last week of the year...

Don't feel special jagee. In our experience this is common in the industry. Ask me how I know (really, don't ask, people are lazy).

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Closed on a little chunk of heaven today after buying it on contract for the past two years. It's only 1.7 acres but it's got a creek through it and it's right across the road from the other 11.25 that I'm paying for but will likely never own. We've had access to it since we moved in two years ago so we've already had a lot of fun and great memories over there. I'm pretty excited. We can't build anything on it but I wouldn't want to anyway.

ELqTE4eh.jpg

Good for you, phylo!

Hoping not to see a 'tractor in the creek' picture anytime soon
    :)

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    We got our piece of heaven three years ago, about three acres one side borders a county road and another side borders the Vermillion river. No woods or place to shoot but great place for a canoe or kayak and we have both. Cant build there because it does flood but a perfect place for our motor home and last year we bought a lot in town a 1/2 mile away and put up our modular. Jim.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I just thought it might be with the smooth, even banks and consistent curve.

I wouldn’t be surprised to learn that it had been redirected, you can tell from looking at old maps that it’s moved in the past 100yrs, just can’t tell if it had any human help.

Top Bottom