• ...and so much more!
  • 9rows

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    "You just don't know what Indy means!"

I hadn't seen that one yet. Good stuff. IMS has had some cool "centennial" videos on their web site over the past couple of months.

I'm with you. I can't wait for May either!

ry%3D400

DecaturGB

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Ah Yes, I love the smell of ethanol on a cool spring morning at IMS. It will be here soon race fans!

kedie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Southeast of disorder.
    I'm glad I'm not the only IndyCar fan here! This year will be the 19th 500 for me. I wouldn't miss it for the world.

BTW, I have been in the track at night. I've had the pleasure to stand on the yard of bricks at about midnight the night before Carb Day. It's eerily quiet, even with the circus going on outside the fence. You can feel the magic of that place every time you go there.

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    That video put a "big" smile on my face!
    I have been going to Indy for more years than even I can believe.
    I have been blessed to hear the sweet sounds of the Offy's, Novi's, Lotus's, Brayton V6's, stock blocks and the Whooose of those amazing turbines.
    I am a lucky man, and oh yea, I am a race fan but more than that, I am an Indy fan!

Skoty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I don't follow IRL/KART at all, but I have been to every 500 since I was 2 years old. It is truly a reason why I love this city, I think about moving, but when I drive by the track (everyday since I live near it) it really does put a smile on my face. over 400,000 people come to this area for one weekend. It is truly spectacular. Only downside, it takes me forever to get to work but I can deal with it. I love this city. I would love it even more if F1 came back, but I won't get into that. Definite :+1: for the find/giving me goose bumps.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indian-noplace
    I miss working the speedway in the garages and being there at 4.30am..... getting to walk the track while sipping coffee or hot chocolate... talking about the day to come.

kedie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Southeast of disorder.
    I miss working the speedway in the garages and being there at 4.30am..... getting to walk the track while sipping coffee or hot chocolate... talking about the day to come.

Thats one of my favorites. When you get there just as the gates open and there is still a bit of a chill in the air. When it's still quiet. And then, from down pit road, you hear that first engine fire up.

squarepeg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2008
    Lake County
    Go INDY! I saw Nascar started, and am already tired of it after 2 partial races. I gotta check out when INDY starts. I went out to Mid Ohio last year and had a blast. I wish I could buy tickes to Chicagoland without having to buy Nascar. As for the 500, I'll get there someday, but cost of lodging is about the only thing holding me from going.

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    I wish I could buy tickes to Chicagoland without having to buy Nascar

My wife and I usually buy our Chicagoland Indy tickets off of Ebay and a couple of years we got them REAL cheap!

NASCAR fans sell their Indy tickets for whatever they can get out of them.
    They don't realize it, but they are selling the best tickets and keeping the worst! :D

kedie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Southeast of disorder.
    Go INDY! I saw Nascar started, and am already tired of it after 2 partial races. I gotta check out when INDY starts. I went out to Mid Ohio last year and had a blast. I wish I could buy tickes to Chicagoland without having to buy Nascar. As for the 500, I'll get there someday, but cost of lodging is about the only thing holding me from going.

With the 500 starting at 1:00, you could probably just make a day out of it. It would be a long day, but at least you'd get to see the Greatest Spectacle in Racing!

squarepeg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2008
    Lake County
    Yeah I think I will try craigslist of ebay this year for chicagoland. That idea might work well if I take some time looking. As for Indy, a 1 day trip is not cool. Leave the house at 8am to allow for time change and traffic, race starts at 1, and goes till when 4? dinner and travel straight home, get home at 8pm, crawl to bed and pass out. I think I will watch it on TV till I can afford a couple days down there to enjoy the sights, and more importantly the sounds and smells. I am hoping my buddy at Honda can score tickets to Mid Ohio again, that is a nice 2day festival.

9rows

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    My wife and I usually buy our Chicagoland Indy tickets off of Ebay and a couple of years we got them REAL cheap!

NASCAR fans sell their Indy tickets for whatever they can get out of them.
    They don't realize it, but they are selling the best tickets and keeping the worst! :D

+1

we got 4 really good seats off ebay for the 08 chicago race for $50.00

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    rickyjohnson111
    Top Bottom