• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jaredjosh

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    Indy
    Sorry if this is a re-post, I didn't do a thorough search due to time restraints.

I myself enjoy looking at the night sky, it's something I have always found wondrous since I was very young. So I just wanted to give people who may be interested a heads up on the Perseid Meteor Shower that is currently underway. I haven't seen it yet as I live in the city and light pollution is a PITA. It is expected to peak on the 11th and the 12th and I plan to head out of town one of those night to get a better look. If your into this stuff I hope you catch a good glimpse of it.

http://troy.patch.com/groups/summer/p/perseid-meteor-shower-heads-up-august-2013_96d2eb1a

sassy lassy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Elizabeth
    I love when we have a clear moonless sky in mid August to lay out on the drive and just count the streaks across the sky. Thanks for the reminder. :)

rw02kr43

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    Paragon
    I think we're going to some park in Bloomington on the 12 th. it should be fun. We saw some amazing ones last year.

Jason

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    To many low clouds/over cast here to see anything tonight, I just went out and checked. Thanks for the heads up I'll keep an eye out the next couple of nights.

SockMonkey

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Yay! I love meteor watching! My anniversary is on the 10th and we'll be in the country that night, so hopefully it won't be too cloudy and we can see lots! Thanks so much for the info!

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Hot tub should be in place and warmed up by then, we can watch them from there. Hope it's not too bright here.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Sorry if this is a re-post, I didn't do a thorough search due to time restraints.

I myself enjoy looking at the night sky, it's something I have always found wondrous since I was very young. So I just wanted to give people who may be interested a heads up on the Perseid Meteor Shower that is currently underway. I haven't seen it yet as I live in the city and light pollution is a PITA. It is expected to peak on the 11th and the 12th and I plan to head out of town one of those night to get a better look. If your into this stuff I hope you catch a good glimpse of it.

http://troy.patch.com/groups/summer/p/perseid-meteor-shower-heads-up-august-2013_96d2eb1a

Where abouts in Indy are you? There's an observatory out in Mooresville off of 67. I've watched a few meteor showers from there.

Hot tub should be in place and warmed up by then, we can watch them from there. Hope it's not too bright here.
    Is that an invite? :p

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    What if this time they land........

fZz, feeding the paranoia one post @ a time.

p.s. I'm in NW Indpls. Where's a good place to lay a blankie? Eagle Creek legal @ night?

Last edited:

Jaredjosh

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    Indy
    Where abouts in Indy are you? There's an observatory out in Mooresville off of 67. I've watched a few meteor showers from there.

I live southwest of the center of downtown INDY. Being that the showers are to originate from the area of the constellation Perseus (N/E) I fear that the lights from downtown will make my viewing from where I live less desirable then if I was to get out of town. I have plans to head to a friends house in Park County that weekend not to just watch the show, but for a cookout as well.

Here's another link with some more info on the showers.

Everything you need to know: Perseid meteor shower | Astronomy Essentials | EarthSky

Enjoy :)

Top Bottom