• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobbystoney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 3, 2010
    Is it worth it? I buy a ton of knives off of BF but sometimes I've got money to burn and am looking for a custom or choppa and theres times that bf, JD, kf, edc, cpf, ect. doesn't have what I'm looking for. I'm a member of the USN and lurk occassionaly but I haven't splurged for the membership to be allowed to the cove area. Was just wondering if there are a lot of knives for sale there that aren't available on other forums?

I know that most of you will say to buy from Brad and knife lady but I'm usually looking for big custom choppers that they don't carry. Like knives from Bill Siegle, Jeremy Horton, Matt Caldwell, Busse, Swamp Rat, Scrap Yard, Koyote, Fiddleback, Fehrman, Matt Lamey, Bawidamann, Treeman ect. ect.

Last edited:

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    i like the usn and its a good place to get solid info but i refuse to pay more money to buy knives lol. i spend enough over at bladeforums, i don't need another spot that i have to pay for to spend my money lol

WhitleyStu

Keep'em Scary Sharp!!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Whitley County/Allen County
    USN seems to have a membership that buys and sells more high end knives than BladeForums. They also buy and sell more expensive watches, guns, cameras... than on most forums. I always keep my Cove Membership paid up so when I need to move something I can use the subforum.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    if you are a buyer who likes the harder to find stuff and buy stuff on a regular basis, then it is worth it. if you buy a knife a year in the $400 range, not so much. you see alot of folders of makers like mayo, fraley, george, dwyer, strider, williams, so on and so forth. there is also usually a good amount of the larger, forged stuff available. lamey, cammerer, siegle, beck (not forged), sometimes broadwell, alot of others.

in the end, it really depends on home much you USE it. when i was big in getting stuff weekly, it was WELL worth it. now, i pay for the cove to allow me to sell my personally owned items (knives, guns, packs, watches, ect) on the USN.

there have been a ton of STEALS in the cove recently. like 50-80% of current market value. unless you buy an XM18... then its more like 300% mark up. lol!

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    Cubby,
    I looked on BladeForums for over a year for an XM-18. I finally joined USN and within six months I had three. Great place to find Hinderer and Strider knives.

yep! its the place to go to find what is hard to find. but expect to PAY for it, most of the times. especially with XM18s right now!!! good grief!

Top Bottom