• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • absrio

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Howard County
    I am pleased with the result. I was surprised by the Independent getting so many votes. He actually hurt one of the candidates in my opinion.

He will also sign the paperwork without issue which is nice.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    I asked the candidate about NFA items before I voted for him. So Im hoping next year getting signatures wont be an issue. But, I've got a couple of SBRs I want to build, so I think Im going to get them signed off by the current Sheriff since he has been so easy to work with. :)

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Our current sherrif is a really good guy, but he's limited out. The new guy, however, is the right guy. He won it in the primary. To be honest, though, either of his two closest competitors would have done well too.

combat45acp

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte
    They totally need to drop that part off the forms, huge pain in the butt and pointless...it makes the trust look a lot better though! Our CLEO signs easy and fast, but it is a 50 min drive!

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    They totally need to drop that part off the forms, huge pain in the butt and pointless...it makes the trust look a lot better though! Our CLEO signs easy and fast, but it is a 50 min drive!

I am all ready for my first NFA item, but my main concern is the CLEO sign off. I don't worry about it not getting signed, but I don't really want everybody knowing what I have.

Holding me back with the Trust is the cost. That would be another NFA item right there.

combat45acp

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte
    I am all ready for my first NFA item, but my main concern is the CLEO sign off. I don't worry about it not getting signed, but I don't really want everybody knowing what I have.

Holding me back with the Trust is the cost. That would be another NFA item right there.
    Quicken Trust takes about a hour and is way under $50 if you download it. Notory Seal can be had at your bank.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Quicken Trust takes about a hour and is way under $50 if you download it. Notory Seal can be had at your bank.

I had only heard of people using the NFA Lawyer for a trust. That was in the $600.00 range.

Did you use the Quicken? I worry too much I know, but I would hate to have a small collection of NFA items and then have BATF say the trust wasn't legal and want them all back.

Heck, I have the other money saved up so if this would work I could be into a can in no time.

combat45acp

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte
    I had only heard of people using the NFA Lawyer for a trust. That was in the $600.00 range.

Did you use the Quicken? I worry too much I know, but I would hate to have a small collection of NFA items and then have BATF say the trust wasn't legal and want them all back.

Heck, I have the other money saved up so if this would work I could be into a can in no time.
    Guys use it all the time. BATF lawyers like them because they are cookie cutter and the know what to look for.

Top Bottom