• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • soljah777

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    What do I fill out on a Form 1 under the Law Enforcment Section(question13) for:
    -Name of Maker? is this my name??
    -Name of Sherrif?
    -Title and Agency Name?

I live in Marion County and my form 1 was returned to me today with these items highlighted. I thought this would have been filled out/answered by the certifying authority at the City/County building but they were not.

Thanks in advance

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    What do I fill out on a Form 1 under the Law Enforcment Section(question13) for:
    -Name of Maker? is this my name??
    -Name of Sherrif?
    -Title and Agency Name?

I live in Marion County and my form 1 was returned to me today with these items highlighted. I thought this would have been filled out/answered by the certifying authority at the City/County building but they were not.

Thanks in advance

Yes. It's your name, the name of the sheriff, his title and the name of the department. My chief fills out this info (except my name) on his own, but I guess they want it filled in by you. Some larger departments have an authorized signer other than the sheriff or chief, so I'm surprised they don't fill this in themselves, but I guess it is what it is.

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Yes. It's your name, the name of the sheriff, his title and the name of the department. My chief fills out this info (except my name) on his own, but I guess they want it filled in by you. Some larger departments have an authorized signer other than the sheriff or chief, so I'm surprised they don't fill this in themselves, but I guess it is what it is.

Would it be the Sheriff (John Layton) or the Acting Chief of Police (Rick Hite)?

We kind of have a weird situation in Indianapolis/Marion county with having a supposedly unified police force (IMPD) but still having two titular head law enforcement officers.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Would it be the Sheriff (John Layton) or the Acting Chief of Police (Rick Hite)?

We kind of have a weird situation in Indianapolis/Marion county with having a supposedly unified police force (IMPD) but still having two titular head law enforcement officers.

If you live it Indianapolis city limits, it would be the chief. If you live outside town limits, the sheriff. That's the way it works in most areas.

soljah777

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Thanks everyone for clearing up these questions. I listed Rick Hite as the COP on my form. Hopefully I have no issues and my stamp will arrive shortly.

Top Bottom