• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • marrell1482

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    NWI
    Hi there I just have a question about an aow my father left behind after his passing. I have the registration and what not but I wasn't the head of the estate so how do I go about doing the form? Thanks!

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    It is best to get a letter from the executor stating that you are the heir of the firearm.

If you are the heir and no question about you being the new rightful owner exist, then you fill it out just like you are buying it from him. You then right (DECEASED) next to his name as the TRANSFEROR and include a copy of the death certificate.

I would also include a letter to the examiner with your contact information since ATF likes to make up rules as the go....

indianaarsenal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    valparaiso IN
    do not forget to have the execitor sign the line or it will get kicked, if you go the the atf site and fill in the blanks, it will give instructions on how to do it correctly in the instructions secton at the bottom.. best of all it will transfeer very quickly, it doesnt go to the regular place, also be sure to use the correct print cards with the correct address on them.. the 7 nfa items I did last year when my father passed took 10 days door to door

Top Bottom