• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smiley69_300

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Ripley County
    That was a nice article and I def agree. This one really stood out to me whatthe wife said.

" The wife of one of the soldiers shot at Ft. Hood understood this all too well. Mandy Foster's husband had been shot but was fortunate enough not to be seriously injured. In an interview on CNN on Monday night, Mrs. Foster was asked by anchor John Roberts how she felt about her husband "still scheduled for deployment in January" to Afghanistan. Ms. Foster responded: "At least he's safe there and he can fire back, right?" -- It is hard to believe that we don't trust soldiers with guns on an army base when we trust these very same men in Iraq and Afghanistan. Unfortunately, most of CNN's listeners probably didn't understand the rules that Ms. Foster was referring to."

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    But what's the standard for rules of engagement on our own soil?

Another massacre such as the one at Fort Hood cannot be allowed to happen, ever.
    Unfortunately, without drastic changes in public opinion, a willingness to label things openly, honestly, and fairly, as well as the ability of our soldiers to be armed on-base (I never knew this to be the case until this atrocity), we will continue to see unjust violence - our own policies allowing it to be possible - used against us and our armed Forces.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    What are the standard RoE on our own soil? Well... Gen. Cone referred to Ft. Hood as "our home", and last I checked, Texas has Castle Doctrine...

You do the math. ;)

Blessings,
    Bill

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    I guess I always considered military bases as the one acceptable gun free zone. :dunno:

I think the Army has more issues to worry about than just allowing guns on base. There is a major gang problem (Fort Bragg alone has 13 identified gangs operating on base), and the condition of some of the living quarters is about equal to a middle class getto.

This is a base by base issue, no way they should just make a blanket policy. Training bases need to be gun free, while a active duty base might be ok with allowing it. Personally I cant see the military allowing CC. :twocents:

hookedonjeep

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    With the other Sheepdogs
    Ole' Slick Willy...... bless his heart. He had the forethought to know that our boys don't need to defend themselves at home - what a ludicrous idea!

I almost have to laugh...... when they deploy overseas, our boys are given all the ammo and explosives they can carry..... yet, god forbid, they be allowed to carry a duty-issued sidearm while stateside; on active duty, on base........ we can't trust them to be responsible in their own country - but we count on it when they are on the other side of the planet? :dunno:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I guess I always considered military bases as the one acceptable gun free zone. :dunno:

I think the Army has more issues to worry about than just allowing guns on base. There is a major gang problem (Fort Bragg alone has 13 identified gangs operating on base), and the condition of some of the living quarters is about equal to a middle class getto.

This is a base by base issue, no way they should just make a blanket policy. Training bases need to be gun free, while a active duty base might be ok with allowing it. Personally I cant see the military allowing CC. :twocents:

With respect, there are gangs out here in the real world as well. Surely we carry advocates don't see the logic in disarming people when there is a higher chance that they will need to defend themselves. I wouldn't want to live anywhere undefended. MP's take just as long as local LEO's to respond.

I say let people carry anywhere. If they do something stupid, they will be dealt with accordingly, just like one of us out here in the real world. There will be no more victim-disarmament zones for people to prey on, and shoot 50 people before being stopped.

Coach13

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 13, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Talked with 2 soldiers yesterday on the subject. They said the same thing. They have guns, just not allowed to have amo at the same time. They thought they were to protect us not a police chick, one awesome chick for sure they said. But it is susposed to be the other way around. Thought this was cool, they both are still shocked that the guy is still alive, no way that guy should be wasting o2, someone should have waxed him...............

I personally think a nurse shoulda accidentaly put bleach in his IV followed by an "I'm so sorry":popcorn: JMO

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    With respect, there are gangs out here in the real world as well. Surely we carry advocates don't see the logic in disarming people when there is a higher chance that they will need to defend themselves. I wouldn't want to live anywhere undefended. MP's take just as long as local LEO's to respond.

I say let people carry anywhere. If they do something stupid, they will be dealt with accordingly, just like one of us out here in the real world. There will be no more victim-disarmament zones for people to prey on, and shoot 50 people before being stopped.

Great post.

So they should OC right? :D That being said why don't they do something about the gangs? If anyone would be able to do something about the problem it should be the MILITARY on THEIR OWN BASE. I mean really. Besides, if you can't trust soldiers with guns then who can you trust?

Talked with 2 soldiers yesterday on the subject. They said the same thing. They have guns, just not allowed to have amo at the same time. They thought they were to protect us not a police chick, one awesome chick for sure they said. But it is susposed to be the other way around. Thought this was cool, they both are still shocked that the guy is still alive, no way that guy should be wasting o2, someone should have waxed him...............

I personally think a nurse shoulda accidentaly put bleach in his IV followed by an "I'm so sorry":popcorn: JMO

Good way to lose a license :D

Just sayin:cool:

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I think it is crazy that soldiers ( of any branch of the military) can't carry their issued sidearm on base, I don't think they should be allowed, it should be reguired to carry on base. We are sending them out to war but can't trust them on our soil. It dosen't make sense to me.

Coach13

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 13, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I think it is crazy that soldiers ( of any branch of the military) can't carry their issued sidearm on base, I don't think they should be allowed, it should be reguired to carry on base. We are sending them out to war but can't trust them on our soil. It dosen't make sense to me.

Exactly what I told them. I am still scratching my head on this one....:nuts:

Deputy527

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Mar 17, 2009
    Indy WestSide
    Coach13 I personally think a nurse shoulda accidentaly put bleach in his IV followed by an "I'm so sorry":popcorn: JMO[/quote said:
    Death is what he wants as quoted from his presentation last year to his peers where he stated, "We love death, more than you love life". I'd rather see him in solitude for the rest of his life with no human interaction and an hour a day of caged daylight.

As far as military personnel with guns, they are likely better trained than some current LTCH'ers. It is ridiculous to me why our warriors are nuetered when they are on base. A war is a war and the warrior should be protecting our freedoms globally when at war. Protect and defend the constitution, only in war zones...thanks, but no thanks.

However, I've seen some extremely unstable individuals coming back from war zones. Now, I've done it.... opened up the whole emotional stability and well-being TEST in order to allow someones 2A. :popcorn: Excuse me, do you feel depressed? Can you explain this prescription?

If the service person is fit for duty and deployable, give them a firearm. Give them all the tools needed to protect themselves and us during wartime, regardless of location. As a matter of fact, give them active shooter training, give them ammo, give them training on how to identify themselves in the midst of an incident. Give them all the tools needed to fight terrorists, like Hasan. Ooopps, sorry POTUS, I used the terror word. :xmad:

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    I'll go a bit different than executing the Fort Hood dirt bag. First is the cost of executing filth, it gets into many millions with all the correction of the trial errors, appeals, etc. plus the cost of housing thrown in. If you do manage to give him a dirt nap, then you have created a martyr. My thoughts would be a life sentence, without the possibility of parole, and in SOLITARY CONFINEMENT! Just my two cents worth.

Top Bottom