• Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    FORT WAYNE KING GYROS Goshen Road near Sherman

I was pleasantly surprised when I stopped by King Gyros on Goshen Road today for lunch this afternoon.
    They had a sign on the front door welcoming conceal carry weapons.

I am going to make an effort to support this business.

If anyone knows of others in the Fort Wayne area that are doing this please pass it along so these businesses can be supported.

So stop by and tell Steve, the owner, that you appreciate his open support for the 2nd Amendment, I did.

photo2_zps6881467b.jpg

This guy has the right idea. A sign like this is good for business. Attracts the most upright of clientel, scares the sheepy riff-raff away, and is probably the safest place to hang out in the whole city! :yesway::yesway:

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    Pit Stop Smoke Shop's "1101 Cigar Lounge"

Its located in Schererville, IN. We hold "open carry" nights there pretty regularly and Thursday's have become the INGO meeting day for members to stop in to swap guns, ammo, parts, etc.

I think I need a seagar. I couldn't make the open carry last week unfortunately.

bulldog451

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    I have eaten there, but not since I moved out of Fort Wayne (Yea!). I will have to stop by the next time I am in the neighborhood. I always did like their food...
    I will have to get a sign like that for my place in Leo....

gvbcraig

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 10, 2009
    Southwest Fort Wayne
    Had lunch there again today with some 2nd AMD coworkers.
    I told them about the post that I did, and a guy sitting in the restaurant mentioned that he was an INGO member as well.

Greek

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Hello everybody. I'm nick the co-owner of king gyros. Today George (Gvbcraig) stopped in and told me about the forum! I'd just like to say thank you to everyone for the support of a family owned business. So far we have had nothing but good feedback from the signs I put up but we have had 1 or 2 that don't agree. I respect everybody's right to an opinion but this is how I voiced mine. Have a great day and I hope to meet some of you soon!

half-glocked

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    And I love Gyros anyways, so this is awesome! I get to support a local business that chooses to support my rights and enjoy some deliciousness.

You can have your popcorn! :popcorn: :nono:

We need a gyro emoticon :cool:

But I guess Bacon will have to do for now. :bacondance:

Last edited:

danmrt868

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    ft. wayne
    Nice. Their ribtips are great, gyro platter is fire too. YUM. i just found were my family will be getting food tonight.

Ripper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    Earth
    Hello everybody. I'm nick the co-owner of king gyros. Today George (Gvbcraig) stopped in and told me about the forum! I'd just like to say thank you to everyone for the support of a family owned business. So far we have had nothing but good feedback from the signs I put up but we have had 1 or 2 that don't agree. I respect everybody's right to an opinion but this is how I voiced mine. Have a great day and I hope to meet some of you soon!

Welcome to INGO and thank you for taking a stand for the Second Amendment :ingo:

horsehaulin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    With the storm coming in, keep your pink card or NRA membership cards close by, the discount will be good for this storm, but you must request Tony. I am the only light operator offering the discount.

bat54r

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Fort Wayne

I was in there last year with my wife and daughters I was OCing, no one said a word to me and I don't think you had the signs up then "if you did I must be getting real blind in my old age". If I'm not working this weekend I know where I'm taking my family for lunch. Thanks for making you business welcome to those of us that carry and thanks again for supporting the 2A, not many like you around.
    My hats off to you sir,
    -Bret-

gvbcraig

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 10, 2009
    Southwest Fort Wayne
    This is there menu from Waiter On The Way, not sure of its accuracy as KG's site seems to be down, but hope this helps.

King Gyros Downtown Menu Fort Wayne - Waiter on the Way

That is the wrong King Gyrors. I think they are independent franchises. The one on West Jefferson is owned by different people, not sure what their "carry" policy is.

The King Gyros on Goshen Road, near Sherman is the one that I referred to in my original post.

horsehaulin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    That is the wrong King Gyrors. I think they are independent franchises. The one on West Jefferson is owned by different people, not sure what their "carry" policy is.

The King Gyros on Goshen Road, near Sherman is the one that I referred to in my original post.

You are correct, but although not posted, the Downtown family is carry friendly also. Just spoke with one of the family on the phone. "As long as its holstered and the person has a LTCH, we are happy to serve the patron."

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    King Gyros - Goshen Road

It has been a couple years since I ate there, but made it a point to go there last Sunday afternoon after seeing the posts here. I went through the drive trrough and was surprised to see the same decal posted on the drive-up window.
    photo2_zps6881467b.jpg

I'm a big eater so I ordered a rib tip dinner and a large Greek salad. When the girl handed me the bag, it felt like it weighed 5 pounds. I got home, sat down and unbagged the goodies.

I went for the rib tip dinner first. The tips were fall apart tender and the serving size was big. The sauce was tangy and delicious (I had to sprinkle some Franks Hot Sauce on for added heat). They were all meat and no bones. The poor dogs were sitting here slobbering on the floor, waiting for some goodies,, but they lost out this time. The fries were perfect and the cole slaw was great too. I got all that down and started on the Greek salad.

The salad was huge and loaded with really fresh, crisp lettuce. The Greek olives were the highlight. Great flavor and texture. The peppers and cucumbers were good too..... and then I was amazed to see the whole thing covered with a layer of Feta cheese and the chopped red beets made the whole thing beautiful. I always keep olive oil and balsamic vinegar here and made up additional dressing to pour over the top. There was dressing on the salad, but I like a little more.

The only suggestion I have on the salad is to make BACON an option. Charge me extra and call me crazy, but this would have been the ultimate salad. I also like pineapple chunks, but I guess I have to take the traditional offering.

I never mentioned INGO or seeing the posts here. I had my .45 concealed in a shoulder holster, so I have to assume this is the normal quantity and quality and they weren't intimidated into treating me nicely.

Typing this and recalling my Sunday feast has made me hungry. I may have to visit again today on my way home from the shoe store.

Top Bottom