• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    so in light of the fort wayne police nazis violating one of our members rights, who wants to go as a group to fort wayne while OC'ing? no open demonstration, or signs or violence but a peaceful trip to ft wayne to eat dinner or something while we OC. whos in? i am.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'll do it my schedule allows. Maybe I can combine the trip with a visit to Neil Keller in Decatur, because I need to go there soon too.

A Friday would probably be best for me, if it matters.

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    I don't usually get into the meets, but after reading about the members ordeal I will also be pending date and time.
    Looks like we are going to need to bring big guns!, as not to be outdone by the Ft's keepers of our rights......

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

If this is going to be done as a protest, albeit a silent one I would suggest a bit of preparation first.

#1) What is the exact corporate policy of the place you are going for dinner? If corporate says it is up to the local manager and he/she asks you to leave, you are done. You could be charged w/ trespassing. If corporate says they are progun, then you print a copy and wave in managers face. He/she may still tell you to leave, but that way you have a better chance of getting him/her fired after the fact.

#2) EVERYONE brings at least a) digital voice recorder; b) digital camera; or c) video camera. That way if/when FWPD sends Officer Doofus you will be able to provide overwhelming facts in court, if necessary.

#3) Elect/choose a "temporary leader/spokesman". Someone who can speak for the group and who knows/understands their rights. Someone who will remain level headed. This may keep things reasonable and keep LE focused on one (1) person. This will help deter things from potentially escalating. Besides, it also gives those with video cameras something to focus on while others can continue recording other officers.

#4) Please recruit a member who is a lawyer to go along on this! That way if there are any stupid arrests OR stupid INGO members we are at least initially protected.

I will try to make this if I can. I will bring a digital voice recorder and a digital camera that has an OK video recorder as well.

Regards,

Doug

furbymac

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    noblesville
    maybe an O.C. mini marathon threw the neighborhood of the jerkoff that called to burn the calories from all the bacon that is consumed :dunno:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    To All,

If this is going to be done as a protest, albeit a silent one I would suggest a bit of preparation first.

#1) What is the exact corporate policy of the place you are going for dinner? If corporate says it is up to the local manager and he/she asks you to leave, you are done. You could be charged w/ trespassing. If corporate says they are progun, then you print a copy and wave in managers face. He/she may still tell you to leave, but that way you have a better chance of getting him/her fired after the fact.

#2) EVERYONE brings at least a) digital voice recorder; b) digital camera; or c) video camera. That way if/when FWPD sends Officer Doofus you will be able to provide overwhelming facts in court, if necessary.

#3) Elect/choose a "temporary leader/spokesman". Someone who can speak for the group and who knows/understands their rights. Someone who will remain level headed. This may keep things reasonable and keep LE focused on one (1) person. This will help deter things from potentially escalating. Besides, it also gives those with video cameras something to focus on while others can continue recording other officers.

#4) Please recruit a member who is a lawyer to go along on this! That way if there are any stupid arrests OR stupid INGO members we are at least initially protected.

I will try to make this if I can. I will bring a digital voice recorder and a digital camera that has an OK video recorder as well.

Regards,

Doug

yep good points. i dont plan on waving anything in peoples face or giving a business advance notice because we shouldnt have to do that. if we are forced to leave then we go to another place to eat. and we cant be charged with tresspassing unless we dont leave when asked, no matter what their policy is, i have learned that much from reviewing post of the law in this forum. i think all of us attending would welcome a lawyer whos a member of INGO to attend. and obviously then we will let him be out spokesman if he or she so wishes to do it. i myself will be bringing a voice recorder or 2 with me. i dont imagine we will have any trouble from the local anti gun police, but i will anticipate it in light of what hapened to our fellow member. the reason i dont think they will harrass us is becuse they usually like to pick on single individuals who they can push around and intimidate. I have found that dirty cops avoid large groups of informed, law abiding citizens with lawyers like the plague. its about the only smart thing they do. (for clarity my term dirty cops was refering to a small percentage of LEO's not all of them, i do believe the majority are good or at least intend to be).

doglb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   1
    Jul 13, 2009
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    I think this is a great idea if done right! We surely do not want to look like a angry mob marching the streets! A nice dinner, gathering whatever would work well, I am sure my wife and I would love to attend and meet fellow INGOers! If time permits count us in, there is nothing more that chaps my butt then normal law abiding citizens being harrassed! The law is what my family follows, and their is nothing wrong with any of this we are attempting to correct!

Top Bottom