• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glock21

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    IL
    All Courses listed here to be held at the Sand Burr Gun Ranch, Rochester, IN

April 14 - One Day Introduction to Defensive Handgun ($135 8-hours)

April 26-29 Principal Protection (For Law Enforcement and Licensed Security only. $525)

June 2 Mumbai-style/Battlefield Pickup/Medical ($195 - includes low light/night shoot)

June 9 Women's Defensive Handgun ($135 8-hours)

June 23-24 Level I Handgun (Women and couples oriented - $275)

July 14-15 Level I Rifle ($275)

July 21 One-Day Introduction to Defensive Handgun ($135 8-hours)

August 8-13 6-Day Ultimate Training Package
    -Aug 8-9 Level I Handgun ($275)
    -Aug 10 Tactical Medical ($165)
    -Aug 11-12 Level I Rifle ($275)
    -Aug 13 Armed Vehicle Defense w/guest Instructor Henk Iverson ($170)

Get the entire package for $685! (Save $200)

Questions - contact Fortress at:
    info@fortressdefense.com
    708-522-8060

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    All Courses listed here to be held at the Sand Burr Gun Ranch, Rochester, IN

April 14 - One Day Introduction to Defensive Handgun ($135 8-hours)

April 26-29 Principal Protection (For Law Enforcement and Licensed Security only. $525)

June 2 Mumbai-style/Battlefield Pickup/Medical ($195 - includes low light/night shoot)

June 9 Women's Defensive Handgun ($135 8-hours)

June 23-24 Level I Handgun (Women and couples oriented - $275)

July 14-15 Level I Rifle ($275)

July 21 One-Day Introduction to Defensive Handgun ($135 8-hours)

August 8-13 6-Day Ultimate Training Package
    -Aug 8-9 Level I Handgun ($275)
    -Aug 10 Tactical Medical ($165)
    -Aug 11-12 Level I Rifle ($275)
    -Aug 13 Armed Vehicle Defense w/guest Instructor Henk Iverson ($170)

Get the entire package for $685! (Save $200)

Questions - contact Fortress at:
    info@fortressdefense.com
    708-522-8060

Armed Vehicle Defense similar or the same as last year?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Been a while since a lady filed a restraining order against you hasn't it.

The key word here is, "Temporary," sir. Temporary.

Seriously, though, I'm going to attend as many Fortress classes this year as my schedule allows. The 02 JUNE 2012 class intrigues me!

Glock21

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    IL
    The key word here is, "Temporary," sir. Temporary.

Seriously, though, I'm going to attend as many Fortress classes this year as my schedule allows. The 02 JUNE 2012 class intrigues me!

That class will go something like this....

Students and instructors will bring the oddest guns they own (we don't need 20 AR15's and Glocks), like bolt action rifles, single shot shotguns, top break revolvers - whatever they have that is not in common use - as well as some less common guns like FAL's, 30-Carbines, lever action rifles, etc...

We will run the manual of arms (as best we can) on each example, and give everyone some hands-on familiarization with them. Loading, unloading, controls, function, etc...

We'll also give an abbreviated TACMED course, covering the IBD and maybe one or two other things.

Then, applying all of this to active shooter situations, like the Mumbai Hotel Attack, we will have students run through scenarios where they have to pick up a gun off the ground, get it running, engage targets and then treat wounded.

..and then we'll do it in the dark.

Should prove to be quite educational!

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute

Students and instructors will bring the oddest guns they own (we don't need 20 AR15's and Glocks), like bolt action rifles, single shot shotguns, top break revolvers - whatever they have that is not in common use - as well as some less common guns like FAL's, 30-Carbines, lever action rifles, etc...

We will run the manual of arms (as best we can) on each example, and give everyone some hands-on familiarization with them. Loading, unloading, controls, function, etc...

We'll also give an abbreviated TACMED course, covering the IBD and maybe one or two other things.

Then, applying all of this to active shooter situations, like the Mumbai Hotel Attack, we will have students run through scenarios where they have to pick up a gun off the ground, get it running, engage targets and then treat wounded.

You boys don't let me forget this one.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I want to charge the Mumbai Hilton with bayonet affixed to an Ishapore Enfield.

Dressed as a Sikh. Short pants, of course.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    i can bring some bolt guns with bayos. i'm sure it will be a learning experience, but sure sounds like play time to me. hehe. i am in.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County

That sounds like a fun and educational day

Glock21

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    IL
    That sounds like a fun and educational day

Yeah - I think what we're going to ask everyone to do is bring two changes of clothes they can ruin, and we're going to add a bunch of fake blood to this, as well. We'll get all the guns and gear nice and sticky!

Glock21

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    IL
    We've Added a UTAH CCW COURSE for March 24th in Crete, IL.

Cost is $125 per student, or $100 per student for groups of 3, or more.

The Crete location is 1 mile off the IN border - you won't melt.

info@fortressdefense.com
    708-522-8060

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    There are some intersting looking courses on there. The Principal protection, Mumbai/battle field pickup, and armed vehicle classes all sound like good ones. The battlefield pickup is a variation of something I want to do on one of our range dates this year at work.

I keep telling myself that one of these days I'm going to do a non-LE class and see how it compares. If I can get my house sold by then, I'll likely be able to get to the vehicle defense one.

Last edited:

Glock21

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    IL
    There are some intersting looking courses on there. The Principal protection, Mumbai/battle field pickup, and armed vehicle classes all sound like good ones. The battlefield pickup is a variation of something I want to do on one of our range dates this year at work.

I keep telling myself that one of these days I'm going to do a non-LE class and see how it compares. If I can get my house sold by then, I'll likely be able to get to the vehicle defense one.

Gabriel,

We just canceled the Ex Protect Course. A private company was going to supply 6 students and they just backed out, so we don't have enough time to fill it. We may offer it again in the fall.

However, we'd love to have you join us at any of the others!

Top Bottom