• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • charless917

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    North East Indy
    Anyone been there? Their website is bad and give no information about the range there. I wouldn't even know it was there if my boss didnt tell me about it.

What is the range like...all I have found on it really is that they have trap and skeet and a good gun store. What can you shoot there?

charless917

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    North East Indy
    I live 5-10mins south of Keystone Mall on Allsionville. From what I have seen the 2 best places for me to go would be Marion County Fish and Game or Atlanta Conservation Club. i think Atlanta is better for me because I think I can bring things like steel tagets ect. and can shoot by AR. I heard that MCFG is more for pistols.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Indy Gun Club is a real nice shotgun range, but as indicated already they do not cater to pistol shooting (although they keep a very nice, if limited, selection of pistols available for sale).

I, too, wish they had a pistol bay or two, as it is almost in my backyard :(

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    I live 5-10mins south of Keystone Mall on Allsionville. From what I have seen the 2 best places for me to go would be Marion County Fish and Game or Atlanta Conservation Club. i think Atlanta is better for me because I think I can bring things like steel tagets ect. and can shoot by AR. I heard that MCFG is more for pistols.

There is no rifle range at ACC. Eight bays are only 25 yards deep at most. Although some shoot their rifles as I see the spent cases there all the time.

Altanta is members only except for some club events. Becoming a member isn't difficult but you do have to work/shoot two club events there.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I used to belong to Indiana Gun Club many years ago.
    Then they got rid of rifle and pistol.

If you're just into belonging to a gun club to shoot a shotgun, the it would be worth looking into.

panderson

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    There is also the Hamilton County Fish and Game club. Its on 216th and Edith in Noblesville. Nice, friendly bunch of people. Must be a member though, but all you have to do is go to 3 meetings. Have a pistol and rifle range. Hardly anyone there most of the time. Website is hcfg.org.

charless917

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    North East Indy
    well crap...I missed that they dont have a rifle range

All I want to do is find a place that is not an hour away that I can shoot rifles, handguns, and maybe shotgun

This is about where I live...any recommendations? I dont really want to go to atterbury or wilbur wright, I dont care about membership fees if I can shoot what I want.

39.883304,-86.090097 - Google Maps

charless917

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    North East Indy
    There is also the Hamilton County Fish and Game club. Its on 216th and Edith in Noblesville. Nice, friendly bunch of people. Must be a member though, but all you have to do is go to 3 meetings. Have a pistol and rifle range. Hardly anyone there most of the time. Website is hcfg.org.

Didnt see your post until after I posted my last one but that is starting to look like the closest for me. I wish they allowed steel targets but everything else sounds good.

What would you consider to be the down sides to this place. It sounds like it is setup up a little like the Wilbur Wright but you bring your own stands.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Fall Creek Valley Conservation Club

I am a new member at this club but i don;t think steel plates are OK. I am a newbie but I think it is purely paper punching in the rule book. Jave only shot there once since becomong a member and I was the only one shooting because it was 29 degrees and windy,

I do think a 200 yard rifle range is in the plan this summer, Bow pratice area with 33 setups. Pistol rifle and matches.

It is still basically a one hour drive in from the Fashion mall area of Indy.,

hip shot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    The Indiana gun club is a great place to shoot trap and skeet they also havea pretty decent sporting clays range. They sell reloading supplies for shotgun stuff but also a lot of stuff that crosses over into rifle and pistol, including primer and powder. They are also are collecting a very nice inventory of pistols.

They also have an inventory of shotguns shooting accessories and also safes. And if you need a lesson in trapper skeet or sporting clays call it asked for Bob self, he's a master class shooter in the club pro.

And if you don't see it asked Phil for it and he can get almost anything.

The reason the rifle range is closed is because years ago somebody put a 308 round over the backstop and it landed on a house in FortVill. The backstop is still there but now is in the middle of the sporting clays course.

Don't forget about fall Creek Valley conservation club they also have 100 yard rifle range that is very nice.

hip shot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    well crap...I missed that they dont have a rifle range

All I want to do is find a place that is not an hour away that I can shoot rifles, handguns, and maybe shotgun

This is about where I live...any recommendations? I dont really want to go to atterbury or wilbur wright, I dont care about membership fees if I can shoot what I want.

39.883304,-86.090097 - Google Maps

There is a small club in Noblesville I forget the name musrat Club or something like that. They have small clubhouse and it's pretty closely held with the members but they do have a place to shoot rifles and pistols.

kwatters

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Central Indiana
    what about Fall Creek Valley Conservation Club, dont see alot of info from them. I emailed them but no response.

Don't expect a response from email, I sent several a year ago and never heard back. The standard response I get from members is look at the club calendar on the web site and when they have an event, go and sign up.

Saiga223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Isn't the Fortville - Indiana Gun Club owned by the same people that own Atterbury? I live in Oaklandon so I also wish they had a rifle and pistol range, but I did get a chance to shoot some hand thrown clays for the first time at Wilbur Wright today so now I think I would like to try those as well. I just may be stopping by there real soon.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    Isn't the Fortville - Indiana Gun Club owned by the same people that own Atterbury? I live in Oaklandon so I also wish they had a rifle and pistol range, but I did get a chance to shoot some hand thrown clays for the first time at Wilbur Wright today so now I think I would like to try those as well. I just may be stopping by there real soon.

can't comment on the ownership of the respective clubs. But I do know that Atterbury is owned by the state and operated by a private business.

But shooting trap, skeet, or sporting clays. is very different than hand thrown clays. a "regulation" trap clay fly's at 41mph. Warning: clays can/will become very addictive.

Top Bottom