• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    I have thoroughly enjoyed reading and discussing subjects and helping people on this forum for years. This is a great forum but I have decided to log out and never return because of all of times I type a post or a reply - the forum suddenly tells me I am not logged in and deletes my post. I don't know where exactly the problem lies but I am sick and tired of it. Good luck to everyone here.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    INGO does have a short time-out, that's for sure. However, if you let your browser save your password, you can USUALLY just hit 'log in' when prompted and continue on your merry way.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    You can also just check the little box (remember me) to stay logged in and not worry about it. Knowledge is power.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    My phone will do that occasionally, and yes I hit the remember me.. I have learned to... Highlight and copy..
    Before I hit the submit button, so if I am logged off I still have the sentence or paragraphs I have typed, and paste it and then hit submit.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    My phone will do that occasionally, I have learned to... Highlight and copy..
    Before I hit the submit button, so if I am logged off I still have the sentence or paragraphs I have typed, and paste it and then hit submit.

So, you can login on your phone and check the "remember me" box and you will still be logged off?

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I have thoroughly enjoyed reading and discussing subjects and helping people on this forum for years. This is a great forum but I have decided to log out and never return because of all of times I type a post or a reply - the forum suddenly tells me I am not logged in and deletes my post. I don't know where exactly the problem lies but I am sick and tired of it. Good luck to everyone here.

Not that you'll see this, but the problem is likely your browser. Clear your browser cache, and delete your cookies. Or try logging in using a different browser (e.g. if you normally use Chrome, try using Firefox).

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Type faster? Seriously though, I've never had this issue on PC. Likely an issue with your cookies/cache as others have said. Potentially a slow OS as well.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    You beat me to the question. It really is a disgusting PITA. Thanks Que for the 'remember me' box idea, I'll try that

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    On a tablet or iPhone, I have found that the most common cause for this is me.

Be sure you are NOT in "private" browsing mode. Your login information won't be retained regardless of how many boxes you click or cookies you delete.

If you're unsure if you're in "private" mode, launch a new browser window. If the word "private" is highlighted in a box, you have it turned on.

I usually stay logged in for weeks at a time with no issues.

Top Bottom