Found an easy, quick fix for Sig Mosquito jamming problems!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Martin Draco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    I bought a Mosquito the other day and the previous owner told me it will not feed Remington ammo. Within an hour of getting it I confirmed that.
    After removing the barrel I figured out that the chamber was on the tight end of tolerances and was going to run a chamber reamer in it but then I decided to try something else first.

I cut a 2"x4" piece of 500 grit emery paper and rolled it up tight. I put the rolled up emery paper in the chamber and twisted it in the opposite direction from which it was rolled, so it would expand and polish the chamber wall evenly. After a few minutes of doing that I gave it a final polishing. For the final polishing I took a 9mm bore mop on a section of cleaning rod, chucked it up in an electric hand drill, put some polishing paste on it and polished up the chamber. After that while I had the barrel off I polished the feed ramp with a dremel a buffing compound.

I put the gun back together and dug up all kinds of .22 ammo, and put about 250 rounds through it flawlessly! Even with Remington bulk pack!

I hope this helps some Mosquito owners out there.

A lot of people that buy these think it's called a Mosquito because it's so annoying.:):

Last edited:

rmoore911

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    SE Indy
    i put mini mags through it like sig suggests and no problems with FTF or FTE. . .couldn't be happier with my purchase, besides not getting to shoot it as much as i originally had planned to

Martin Draco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    i put mini mags through it like sig suggests and no problems with FTF or FTE. . .couldn't be happier with my purchase, besides not getting to shoot it as much as i originally had planned to

I thought about just using the mini mags but after some Googling I read that some people still had issues. For a rimfire I don't like to be locked in to using just one kind of ammo. One of the great things about a .22 is how cheap they are to shoot so any good gun manufacturer should make their gun function with whatever you put in it.:twocents:

rmoore911

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    SE Indy
    I thought about just using the mini mags but after some Googling I read that some people still had issues. For a rimfire I don't like to be locked in to using just one kind of ammo. One of the great things about a .22 is how cheap they are to shoot so any good gun manufacturer should make their gun function with whatever you put in it.:twocents:

i agree that any good gun should work with all ammunition, but if there is one time that it's ok that your firearm be finicky about ammo, it is a .22 . . .let's face it, for most of us, a .22 is just a range pistol to plink with (i didn't say all, because i know there are some who use their .22s for varmint disposal), so if your .22 likes a slightly more expensive round, it won't usually break the bank for a day's worth of fun at the range

Martin Draco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    i agree that any good gun should work with all ammunition, but if there is one time that it's ok that your firearm be finicky about ammo, it is a .22 . . .let's face it, for most of us, a .22 is just a range pistol to plink with (i didn't say all, because i know there are some who use their .22s for varmint disposal), so if your .22 likes a slightly more expensive round, it won't usually break the bank for a day's worth of fun at the range

I actually don't take mine to the range. I practice in my basement and kill squirrels from my bathroom window:)::):

Top Bottom