• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Hannity says that the TSA has kept us safe for 8 years. He says he doesn't care where they touch him. He's got nothing to hide. Rah, rah, go government, go.
    :sheep:

His unabashedly pro-TSA guest says that we must adjust ourselves for the onset of a New World Order. No bones about it. This is how it will be, so you better line up like a good little slave and take it.

This kind of stuff made me get sick of Fox News.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkRf-fAjNF8

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Here, let me save someone the trouble:

:tinfoil:

Is it really a conspiracy theory anymore when mainstream news is just sliding it into normal conversation?

seanamus

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    well it is true and time tested, the government will grow and grow and grow until it collapses or has a revolution then if the revolution fails the government grows even more and your rights shrink even faster, and the expanding government speeds the collapse via enemies on the outside or a crushed economy that is unable to pay soldiers for defense, ask rome

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    Why would this make you "sick of Fox News"? The guy who made the comment is from The Daily Show, NOT Fox News. Would you expect anything different from there?

I will agree with you on Hannity saying he "dosen't care" though. We all had better start caring.

Anyone with an ounce of sense can see what's going on. The young children that have to go thru this are purposely being conditioned to accept this kind of harrasmant as a normal day to day thing. We as adults (other than the sheep in society) know this is wrong and a violation of our rights. People have not stopped flying, or b****ed enough yet effect any changes.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Why would this make you "sick of Fox News"? The guy who made the comment is from The Daily Show, NOT Fox News. Would you expect anything different from there?

I will agree with you on Hannity saying he "dosen't care" though. We all had better start caring.

Anyone with an ounce of sense can see what's going on. The young children that have to go thru this are purposely being conditioned to accept this kind of harrasmant as a normal day to day thing. We as adults (other than the sheep in society) know this is wrong and a violation of our rights. People have not stopped flying, or b****ed enough yet effect any changes.

I say that, because Hannity should be showing some leadership to his viewers about challenging the TSA. Instead he says they can touch him where ever they want. He makes excuses for tyranny. He's been cheerleading for this War on Terror for years.

Its not about 6-year-olds. NONE of us deserve this treatment. Doesn't matter if you are an adult or child, white or brown. The real terror is coming from the way the government is treating us. The 4th Amendment demands it.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I posted this once before. It should give my perspective on FOX a little better. And -no- I definitely don't endorse any of the other government shill networks either.

Fox News really lost me a few years ago. I wanted to share. As a person of libertarian/constitutionalist beliefs, I went from frequent viewer to disillusioned critic.

The problem FOX News commentators exhibit frequently is that they speak of the constitution and small government, but don't apply those principles across the board. They have their sacred government cows to protect. They appear to speak the truth to win people's trust, then at pivotal moments, inject pro-government tripe into their viewers. This confusing and contradictory belief system is passed along to observers as "conservatism."

Sure, they talk of non-intrusive government. Yet it is imperative to keep the Government stranglehold on marriage rights. They have no problem telling certain groups that they can't build a mosque on their own private property. I've seen that windbag Bill O'Reilly cover a story about a 60-year-old woman giving birth, and his commentary was that the Federal Government should impose age restrictions on getting pregnant. Keep your authoritarian utopia, Bill.

Sure, they speak of fiscal responsibility. Yet they somehow adamantly support the War on Drugs, which costs us hundreds of billions of dollars per year. It imprisons millions of nonviolent people, stomps on ALL of our privacy and rights, encourages oppressive law enforcement techniques, gets innocent citizens/police killed in paramilitary SWAT raids, has all the flaws of alcohol prohibition, enables drug cartels.... What is conservative about that??? The answer is either "nothing" or "everything," depending on your definition of conservatism.

Sure, they fight socialized medicine. Where were they when Bush was expanding government run medicine? Medicare Part D, anyone? Where was the outcry? Way to stand up for your principles, hypocrites. Way to rally conservatives to stop an expansion of government. Ditto on No Child Left Behind.

Sure, they don't like "RINOs." What about GWB? You'd be hard pressed to find them give Bush a hard time about much of anything. When asked, Sean Hannity emphatically said that the country was BETTER OFF after 8 years of Bush. Give me a break. Record spending levels, brand new agencies.... FOX NEWS HERO.

Sure, they preach about "small government." Do they mean it? When is the last time you've heard them call for abolishing an entire agency? It was a mainstream "conservative" tenet 50 years ago to call for abolishing the Federal Reserve. They could be popularizing the idea of ending the Fed, the TSA, the DOE, and any number or other agencies. Have some guts!!

Fox News does everything in their power to keep people in this baloney mindset of "Left versus Right." You are supposed to pick a side and then defend it, even when they betray the constitution themselves. The Left-Right paradigm is a lie and a hoax. If either of the two sides got 100% of what they wanted, our liberty would be destroyed. I don't want the socialized services of "the Left", and I don't want the invasive social controls of "the Right." I don't want a Welfare State and I don't want a Police State. I don't want the Democrat's War on Poverty and I don't want the Republican's War on Terror.

Fox News jumps at every chance to keep people wound up and paranoid about "certain cultures." In effect it keeps their viewers scared little sheep who can justify giving away their freedom to the police & TSA. Its going to be a lot harder to justify their Statist agenda if people aren't scared for their safety. Keep em scared, and they'll go along with x-rays, DNA-harvesting, bag searches, wiretaps, spying on citizens, checkpoints, and every other aspect of their totalitarian wet dream. Fox openly supports the bloody PATRIOT ACT, for crying out loud.

Fox News disparages libertarian thinkers at every possible opportunity. Libertarians as a group are lumped in with "birthers," "truthers," "conspiracy theorists," and every other unpopular viewpoint. The majority of Fox News watchers usually don't even know what a libertarian is, aside from associating the word with a third party that they definitely should never ever consider voting for.

Lets talk about Ron Paul. Fox News HATES Ron Paul, a guy who actually walks the walk about the constitution and small government. They keep him hidden from view as much as possible. A non-stop Fox News watcher during the 2008 election would have never even heard his name mentioned as a potential candidate. When they do mention him, they laugh him off as not serious or not credible. When he won the CPAC poll this year, they doctored the clip and spliced in video of a previous convention to make it look as if Ron Paul was being booed. Give me a break.

Fox News may be a non-communist alternative to MSNBC and CNN, but it is still exists in order to keep people wrapped up in the cozy arms of the Government. The truth is that all of the news channels have an anti-libertarian slant. I find a few commentators like John Stossel and Andrew Napolitano tolerable. But ultimately I shut off my brain-washing box a few years ago and haven't looked back.

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    I appreciate the discussion that they had because it does make me think about what can be done to prevent terrorism without treating everyone as a suspect. However, their conclusions scare the beejeebers out of me. I am not one that is willing to give up my rights for the sake of security. I don't have an answer for this problem, but I believe giving the TSA more control or to dismiss their actions is not a good solution. It's beginning to look more and more like a police state. :(

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Its not about 6-year-olds. NONE of us deserve this treatment. Doesn't matter if you are an adult or child, white or brown. The real terror is coming from the way the government is treating us. The 4th Amendment demands it.

I think you misinterperted my comment. Yes it dosen't matter what age you are, it's wrong. My point was they know they cannot change the way "most" adults feel about this so they won't even try. BUT, they can condition the young into accepting this as a normal unobtrusive action. Kind of like "you spread the lie long enough and it becomes truth".

If not reversed, this will be viewed by the young as the way things have always been. They won't fight it.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I think you misinterperted my comment. Yes it dosen't matter what age you are, it's wrong. My point was they know they cannot change the way "most" adults feel about this so they won't even try. BUT, they can condition the young into accepting this as a normal unobtrusive action. Kind of like "you spread the lie long enough and it becomes truth".

If not reversed, this will be viewed by the young as the way things have always been. They won't fight it.

You're right about the conditioning.

I say its not about the age, because Hannity kinda makes it sound like it is. I say disband the whole damn agency. Nobody deserves that treatment without probable cause.

ghunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    nap-town
    Rent an RV. The only way I'm getting on a plane is if my mom has 24 hours to live and wants to tell me where she helped D.B. Cooper hide the cash. In an RV, especially the INGO crowd, who's going to hi jack it?

OK, so an RV doesn't have a radio to instantly talk to the FAA (whatever help that is), and has no reinforced cockpit doors. Once again, INGO to the rescue! We have learned long ago that buck shot succeeds where dead bolts fail.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I don't understand this bizarre world view that allows only for perfection. We're better off with FOX than we were without it. I don't agree with Hannity on many, many things, but we're better off with his show than without it. There was a time before FOX and before the internet where there was nowhere you could hear any other perspective, and libertarian minded people were impossible to find outside of the Libertarian Party.

Rambone, is there anything in this world that isn't foul and corrupt? Do you see that at your core you're a religious man? A worldview like yours is based in religion, not practicality.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I don't understand this bizarre world view that allows only for perfection. We're better off with FOX than we were without it. I don't agree with Hannity on many, many things, but we're better off with his show than without it. There was a time before FOX and before the internet where there was nowhere you could hear any other perspective, and libertarian minded people were impossible to find outside of the Libertarian Party.

Rambone, is there anything in this world that isn't foul and corrupt? Do you see that at your core you're a religious man? A worldview like yours is based in religion, not practicality.

Am I wrong with my assessment?

I'm not just picking on them for fun. I used to watch them every day. Listened to their radio shows. Drank up the koolaid that they served me. Got into debates where I had to do logical acrobatics to appear in any way consistent in following the idea of small government and the constitution. Then I figured out that without supporting social liberty, as well as economic liberty, my positions were hypocritical at best. No thanks to the FOX crew talking in my ear every day.

I'll agree that FOX is easier to watch than CNN or MSNBC.

But can you see the hypocrisy that they project?

Are we better off with FOX? Sure.

Will the country survive if we all vote the way FOX tells us to? No.

It makes me want to hurl when FOX commentators make excuses for GWB, the Bush-created agencies that continue to terrorize us, the giant government money pit called the Drug War, the unabashed support of all things republican, and so on.

If I'm wrong then tell me. I don't think it serves anyone by looking at FOX News as something it isn't. The "small government" that they support is still completely unsustainable. They would all be proud to roll back spending to 2008 levels, as if we weren't on the fast track to bankruptcy then. :n00b:

Conservatives should be ripping FOX News a new a*****e when they make GWB look like a model conservative.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    We may have been on the fast track to bankruptcy back them but we only driving a Corvette. Since Obama took office we switched to an F-22 on super cruise.:n00b:

Which I happen to believe is a plan behond the control of Obama, OR anyone else in America. Can you spell S O R O S. The man has destroyed the economies of several other countries, and he is behind the effort to do it here.

Ramen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009

The good thing about folks like Rambone and some of the other commentators here is that they remind us that we can continuously move towards something better.

Yeah, the Utopia is probably unattainable, but there is nothing wrong with letting Fox News know that many of these big government Republican policies are not OK. The left vs. right idea does not work. A network that gets away from that and is more consistent in pro-liberty message would do wonders for this country. I think Fox News currently helps, but I can easily see how some of the stuff can harm the liberty movement.

I believe, as I think you also do, that taking small steps will get us closer to where we want to be than if we go for broke every time. We just have to figure out how to tailor the messages to people so they actually hear it.

I think it is good to have people like Rambone reminding us of different ways big government doesn't work so we can use those instances in a more focused, easier to hear message for those that our drinking the Fox, MSNBC, CNN, NPR Kool-aid without thought.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Am I wrong with my assessment?

I'm not just picking on them for fun. I used to watch them every day. Listened to their radio shows. Drank up the koolaid that they served me. Got into debates where I had to do logical acrobatics to appear in any way consistent in following the idea of small government and the constitution. Then I figured out that without supporting social liberty, as well as economic liberty, my positions were hypocritical at best. No thanks to the FOX crew talking in my ear every day.

I'll agree that FOX is easier to watch than CNN or MSNBC.

But can you see the hypocrisy that they project?

Are we better off with FOX? Sure.

Will the country survive if we all vote the way FOX tells us to? No.

It makes me want to hurl when FOX commentators make excuses for GWB, the Bush-created agencies that continue to terrorize us, the giant government money pit called the Drug War, the unabashed support of all things republican, and so on.

If I'm wrong then tell me. I don't think it serves anyone by looking at FOX News as something it isn't. The "small government" that they support is still completely unsustainable. They would all be proud to roll back spending to 2008 levels, as if we weren't on the fast track to bankruptcy then. :n00b:

Conservatives should be ripping FOX News a new a*****e when they make GWB look like a model conservative.

I see your point. In part, I can agree with it. That's the key, though. In part. The world is not a binary, 1s and 0s, digital on or off place. It's not only good if it's 100% pure in liberty. Case in point: SB 292, which is going for Third Reading today. This bill will increase our state's preemption of local restriction on gun rights. It does contain a portion that continues to allow local governments to ban firearms in courthouses if they have a metal detector and a trained screener at every public entrance and scan every person and inspect every bag passing that entrance, however. Should we oppose SB 292 just because it doesn't outlaw every single gun law from the state level on down, inclusive? No, I don't think we should. We should, IMHO, consider the net gain we obtain every time we pass a good gun law as an effort to improve our situation, one step at a time. We all know we mean no harm to any who do not present a clear, present, and immediate danger to our persons. The more bad laws that are repealed and the more good laws passed doing so, the closer we move to changing minds.

Is Fox News 100% good? No. Is it far, far better than the alternatives? Without a doubt. Is there anything out there that actually meets the standard of perfection you seem to want? I haven't seen it if there is... Of course, you could always start your own news network... but that requires sponsors and funding and reporters and salaries and.... is far out of the reach of most of us.
    Let's take what we can get and work to improve it at every opportunity.

:twocents:

Blessings,
    Bill

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    Of course, you could always start your own news network...

Genius! We should start INN (INGO News Network) and Rambone and Dross can be our version of Hannity and Colmes, and argue over useless things while the rest of the panel just gawks and picks their noses because they can't get a word in edgewise! :D Oh and every once in awhile we'll have Ted Nugent on to make fun of Hillary Clinton.

Top Bottom