• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Has anyone seen any?

This article reminded me of them: FOXNews.com - California 2-Year-Old Dragged From Yard by Coyote in Third Such Attack in Five Days - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

I have seen two in the past few weeks. One when I was driving late at night by 56th and Emerson and another in the Irvington area early in the morning.

I guess their presence makes sense since we have so many rabbits and other critters; I just did not think they could be so brave as to move in a city.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    We have a huge variety of wildlife in our backyard. I've seen pretty much every native Indiana animal back there, including foxes and coyotes. Even saw a weasel chasing a rabbit. Rabbits scream loud when they get caught. Who knew?

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    We have a huge variety of wildlife in our backyard. I've seen pretty much every native Indiana animal back there, including foxes and coyotes. Even saw a weasel chasing a rabbit. Rabbits scream loud when they get caught. Who knew?

You forgot to mention the immediate silence after the squeal..

Barry in IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    We have plenty of coyotes, and some foxes, in Hendricks county.
    If it's a "windows open" night, we hear the coyotes yapping half the night (and all the dogs they stir up). I've heard coyotes in all directions. If we have that many coyotes here, I'm sure there are plenty in Indianapolis.

Foxes don't give themselves away so easily, but I do see one now and then.

I've seen more turkeys than either.

AFA1CY

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    In that Field that is Green
    People don't really understand how mean rabbits can be. I helped raised some (for food) and they were some of the meanest animals around. They will grab your arm with their front feet and shred you with the back ones. They also "bark" and growl. Most people think they are just soo cute.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    We have a herd of deer living in our backyard, too. Interestingly, ever year there are new fawns, but we've never seen a buck. I think they must be reproducing through some sort of asexual budding or something.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    People don't really understand how mean rabbits can be.

But they're so FLUFFY! How can anything fluffy be mean? I suppose next you're going to tell me that baby jaguars will eat me and koalas will steal my car!

34i6547.jpg

(Not me, by the way. Or my jaguar.)

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I'm guessing no one here has seen Monty Python then if they think all bunnies are cute and fluffy.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCI18qAoKq4"]YouTube - Monty Python Bunny Scene[/ame]

(and yes, I'm sure everyone of you have seen this)

Last edited:

Zephri

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Indianapolis, Northside.
    Second favorite scene in that movie! (aside from the black knight)

Funny our dog found a possum at night and it was playing dead, my dog messed with it for a little bit but then just ignored it. I on the other hand had to use all my will to prevent myself from showing it where playing dead will get it, It was sooo hard to not beat it with the stick I was holding. That thing was tempting me just lying there in all it's ugliness and stupidity.

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    I work in downtown Indy, the only animals I've seen there are the two legged kind. Living in New Palestine however I see wildlife all the time and love it, very relaxing.

But I also keep a 20ga pump handy for the coyotes. For when they get too curious....

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    I basically live in the area of 465 and Rockville Rd, I have seen deer, fox, rabbit and had a groundhog living under my deck.

For those that listen to Bob & Tom, you should be well aware of the animal conspiracy.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Second favorite scene in that movie! (aside from the black knight)

Funny our dog found a possum at night and it was playing dead, my dog messed with it for a little bit but then just ignored it. I on the other hand had to use all my will to prevent myself from showing it where playing dead will get it, It was sooo hard to not beat it with the stick I was holding. That thing was tempting me just lying there in all it's ugliness and stupidity.

You haven't seen ugly til you've seen a teeny tiny baby opossum. :) My cousin works at the nature center at Eagle Creek, and she's always bringing home baby critters of some nature or another. :)

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Y My cousin works at the nature center at Eagle Creek, and she's always bringing home baby critters of some nature or another. :)

Aren't you supposed to leave them there when you come home? I thought that was sort of the whole point. They don't have onsite storage?

10h3yhz.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom