• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    At least if they are looking for liability in a bridge collapse Knittin Annie Smith can speak at a school board meeting without picking up a tail.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I was dragging my feet on this idea whether it would work or not, but couldn't they bring in a couple subs, brop to the bottom, rigg to the trellis, surface the sub and move monster pieces out of the way? Sounds crazy but might speed things up. I though they'd have stuff moved in a week. Wishful thinking when it comes to government contracts with large sums of money.
    There are two small channels open north and south the mess already. If they open half the main channel by end of April and the whole channel by end of May, plus refloat the MV Dali and get it back to port…and recover the last two bodies…like they have planned…all without killing anyone else or making a bigger mess … I will be impressed.

IMG_0686.jpeg

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    No no no. Back the truck up. I was told here on INGO, wait, this very thread, this was nothing but an accident, nothing to see here....
    I think you will find that most here were pushing back against the idea that it was a terrorist act vs. an accident. It can still be an accident but with criminal negligence attached.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I think you will find that most here were pushing back against the idea that it was a terrorist act vs. an accident. It can still be an accident but with criminal negligence attached.
    Terrorism isn't the only crime.

Was everyone qualified to do the jobs they were doing?
    Were enough people on duty?
    Were proper clearances to leave obtained?
    Was all of the paperwork on the ship's condition 100% complete and truthful?
    Did everyone tell 100% truth in their statements after the fact?
    Was anyone of significance under the influence of a legal or illegal intoxicant (Capt. Hazelwood- Exxon Valdez- was charged with 3 or 4 crimes, convicted of 1 minor offense)
    Etc., etc., etc.

Oh, and I told that by the next morning the gubmint had reached all of its conclusions.

Last edited:

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas

I'll further go out on a limb here and guess that they knew there were issues but didn't expect the issues to result in a catastrophic crash.
    The USACE chart I posted above is from a video I’ll post below by Sal Mercogliano. I posted vids from him earlier. Since the beginning of this thing he has is the question of contaminated fuel for the diesel engines, and stated that that is an industry wide problem.

In this video he quotes a statistic that in 2022 there were over 600 ships that had loss of power due to contaminated fuel. It’s not a sabotage thing, it’s just that the maritime industry has long used dirty fuel. Even fuel that meets maritime industry Diesel standards has a fair amount of contaminants in it, and more modern engines designed to be cleaner burning are fussier about what they will tolerate, so the number of problems has been increasing over the years. Another fun fact, if I remember this correctly: Singapore is such a huge busy port that 25% of the worlds shipping refuels there at some point.

So yeah, I think accident, quite likely due to negligence and poor practices, including failure to protect the bridge pylons.

Everybody looks for a single cause, and terrorism makes an obvious single cause, but I think it will turn out to be a cascade of errors. Most **** ups have multiple points of failure, and often avoiding any one of which could have prevented the end result. Swiss cheese model.

There are a number of people (not here) who defend Alec Baldwin by saying it’s the fault of the armorer for letting live ammo get onto the set. But it wasn’t just live ammo, it was lack of taking firearms safety seriously by nearly everyone present. Absolutely the live Ammo should not have been there but even so if the armorer have been doing the proper safety checks, she would’ve found it. If the safety officer /Assistant Director has been properly overseeing set safety and making sure the procedures were followed, the live round would have been found. if Alec Baldwin as actor had been following the proper safety procedures, and as producer, and Director had been ensuring that the safety officer and the armor, and everybody else was doing their job, then this event would not have happened either, live ammo or not.

likewise here, we’re gonna find out that several things that should or should not have been done lined up over time and put a ship into a bridge. Bad fuel, bad industry standards, bad training, bad decisions, poorly rigged and maintained equipment, lack of proactive effort to protect the bridges, etc. etc.. some of that could very well be criminally, negligent, and the feds probably have jurisdiction over that. So more yea for the FBI. Like somebody said above it will be that many fewer agents following parents who attend the school board meetings or cooking up assassination of governors plots.

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Me and the gf were watching some movie where barge more or less did the same damage as this bidge got. In the move, only the section of bridge fell, the rest stayed in place. Guess the movies got the damage for effects wrong...

Bridges are designed different.
    Ships/boats/barges are different.
    Different speeds
    Different angles

It's difficult to compare two wildly different events.

It's like if you're shooting a .308 at 400 yards, and someone says that when they were shooting 25 yards with a .22

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Probably gonna be investigations from law enforcement, NTSB, Coast Guard, and a host of others.

Till they find something, we're just making wild a**ed guesses.

I'd venture to guess, a LOT on this forum don't exactly have a LOT of information on maritime propulsion systems.

I'm trying to imagine all the eyes looking over my shoulders trying to tell me how to run a S5W plant.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    No no no. Back the truck up. I was told here on INGO, wait, this very thread, this was nothing but an accident, nothing to see here....
    Of course the FBI is investigating. They need to be close so they can cover up that they were driving the boat.

Wake up, sheeple!

:):

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Not following this thread.

Has buttgigger claimed the bridge was racist because it was too low for the ship to go under it yet?

Last edited:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Even if this wasn't an attack. This can give those who would idea's. Probably already know about things like this. If they don't they know now.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I don't know if they need ideas.

And if you really wanted to mess something up... a LNG carrier explosion in port would be ... BAD

Top Bottom