Not open for further replies.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    According to the Muncie Star Press Fred Luddington took a plea deal calling for four years in the federal pen. AND he gives up 4000 plus guns, 600,000 plus rounds of ammo, and roughly 157,000.00 in cash. Ouch.

tgmorris99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Westfield
    Is it easier to be a smart ass than be civil? Some may find it absurd, but I think it's a great idea to ask questions on a firearms forum.
    Not being a smart ass at all.

I had the same question when I read the thread and it was easier to Google the name and get immediate answers than to take the same amount of time to post a question on the forum.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Depends

Is it easier to be a smart ass than be civil? Some may find it absurd, but I think it's a great idea to ask questions on a firearms forum.

Yeah, I know. I shouldn't say "depends" around old people but I'm an old person so I can say it. My point is it depends on the forum. On some shooter's forums with which I'm familiar, you can depend on getting a straight-up answer to your question. On others, you can depend on getting something else.

Luddington was a Muncie gun dealer who apparently thought he didn't have to comply with laws pertaining to selling guns as a licensed dealer. As it turns out, he was wrong and will be spending serious time in prison. It made the Indy Star also.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    RANDOLPH CO., Indiana —
    Federal agents raided a gun shop after they said the owner got caught selling assault rifles and pistols to a convicted felon.Almost 70 agents from Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms and state police raided the Ludco Gun Shop in Parker City, Ind.
    The search warrant for the gun shop was extensive and included more than 3,000 guns that were seized along with ammunition and business records.
    The owner, 61-year-old Charles "Fred" Luddington is in federal custody for allegedly violating numerous firearms laws.
    Federal agents launched an investigation into Luddington's gun store three months ago after they said a routine audit uncovered nearly 1,000 guns in his stock were unaccounted for.
    Authorities said they soon discovered at least seven of those 997 missing guns had been sold to people who were prohibited by Federal Law from having firearms.
    ATF agents sent in a convicted felon in a sting operation and said Luddington, despite knowing the man was a felon and could not own a gun, sold him three assault rifles, a revolver and two pistols.
    The criminal complaint also alleges that he sold firearms to people filling out false paperwork.
    Residents in this small community were shocked to hear about the raid at the gun shop. They said Fred Luddington is a respected figure in the community.
    One citizen said, "He is a councilman on the board, so for him to mess up is, I guess it makes you wonder if he's doing this, what else is going on here?"
    Another said, "It's going to be the talk of town for a couple weeks. Nothing like this happens. A house fire or fender bender is big news so for federal agents to be here, it's just phenomenal. Everyone's going to be wondering and talking."
    Luddington should have his first court appearance in Federal Court in Indianapolis sometime this week. For now, Federal agents said his store is closed. .

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Okay. Okay. Point made. The OP just struck me as "everybody knows who Fred is", sort of like if I were to post "Joe Lucas got in trouble over sales tax". (Who is Joe Lucas, huh? "Google can be your friend!" :D )

Dude .. didn't quote your post but the OP's .. :): Heck I don't know Fred either :D

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    To those of you who didn't know who Fred is, and for all of your attendant difficulties, I apologize. If you've gotten this far in the thread, I hope you've come to the realization that Google is a wonderful research tool.

Back to Fred. He and his shop were from Parker City. It's about 10 miles east of Muncie on 32. Some folks will miss him, some won't. He really did have an awesome selection.

Pete

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    I have been to Fred's shop. It seems like he could have gotten worse. I suppose I am now on the list...all you former customers beware!

As far as Google being my friend, that must be why all those trackers show up! :dunno:

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    If you've gotten this far in the thread, I hope you've come to the realization that Google is a wonderful research tool.
    That is indexing your brain for the gubernment:tinfoil:

I too was misconstruded as not having Parker City, IN (pop. 1,419) as center of the universe and events I must follow closely to know the whole town by the name of each citizen.

100 missing guns, 997 sold to prohibited persons, 48 months in a presumably low to medium security facility; works out to about 21 guns to felons per month in jail. He'll be out at 65, unable to go back to work as a firearms dealer or won any guns, but able to collect SS after taxpayers footing the bill for his time in prison.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    100 missing guns, 997 sold to prohibited persons, 48 months in a presumably low to medium security facility; works out to about 21 guns to felons per month in jail. He'll be out at 65, unable to go back to work as a firearms dealer or won any guns, but able to collect SS after taxpayers footing the bill for his time in prison.

Aw, jeez. A few simple accounting errors. Can't a guy make a mistake? :shady:

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Kinda hard to feel sorry for a guy that is selling to felons. After all it is not like he had just made a few incorrect entry's into his books or something. This sounds like a guy that was selling to the same people that gives us all a bad name.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom