• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NEOCON

Sharpshooter
    Mar 21, 2008
    Warrick county
    Yes free ammo for the first 2 new Appleseed attendees that sign up for the Evansville shoot June 13 14. I will provide the .22 ammo for the first 2 new, never before been to an Appleseed shoot before, INGO members. For some reason that I cannot understand, we have not had much interest in the Appleseed shoots in the southern part of the state. I want the program to do well at my home range so I will give this a try. So go register, drop me a line saying you want the free ammo and I will bring a brick of .22 to the shoot for you to use for the weekend. You must be a new register, have not been to an Appleseed before (if you have we may have something for you as well) and sign up for both days. Bring a buddy or family member and there may be another freebie. Bring the entire family and there will be a nice freebie!

For shoot info. 2009 Evansville, IN Appleseed Information
    To register. Evansville, IN Appleseed - June 13-14, 2009 - Eventbrite

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    that is a nice offer there!

I have plenty of 22 ammo the only thing keeping me from signing up for the appleseed shoot here in the evansville area is my lack of a decent 22 that isnt scoped{or are scoped rifles allowed?} or doesnt have some issue. however I am interested in seeing one of these shoots and getting a feel for what goes on. do you allow people to just come out and watch? perhaps I can lend a helping hand in some way? I know my 7 year old daughter would love to see one of these shoots as well.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Mar 14, 2008
    If you want to borrow an iron sighted .22lr that is specifically made for these events, just ask. There are plenty of loaner rifles among the orange hats - just let us know.

Don't let that keep you from coming and being a full part of history, heritage and fun!

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    I did the Evansville shoot last fall, and it was GREAT! I had to scoot after scoring just a few points from riflemen, and I couldn't stay for the last couple attempts. :(

For all those on the fence about going, JUST DO IT! You wont regret a second of it. Its a good time, its informative, and it builds valuable skill. You literally cant loose. :)

Kingrat

Sharpshooter
    Jan 24, 2009
    Evansville

I have plenty of 22 ammo the only thing keeping me from signing up for the appleseed shoot here in the evansville area is my lack of a decent 22 that isnt scoped{or are scoped rifles allowed?} or doesnt have some issue. however I am interested in seeing one of these shoots and getting a feel for what goes on. do you allow people to just come out and watch? perhaps I can lend a helping hand in some way? I know my 7 year old daughter would love to see one of these shoots as well.

scoped rifles are fine, they arent training the rifle they are training you

run what you brung, bring the daughter

NEOCON

Sharpshooter
    Mar 21, 2008
    Warrick county

I have 2 10/22s with scopes that I loan out. You are more than welcome to shoot one of my rifles,, extra magazines, my ammo, use my shooting mat, hearing and eye protection. Just show up ready to learn and I will have everything else there for you. believe me it is not a problem that is what they are for. Sign up for both days and let me know, I will have everything there for you.

DaveD

Sharpshooter
    Mar 27, 2008
    Greencastle
    Don't know NEOCON, it's awful quiet in here!

Come on guys and gals ... free ammo, loaner rifles available,
    all the gals shoot free, kids shoot free, active Military shoot free, and for the rest of you it will cost $70 for a weekend of fun.

A deal that can't be beat .... so what's stopping you? :dunno:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Anyone???? I will open it to even those that have been to an Appleseed before. I'm just trying to give this ammo away.

There's a guy on here who started a thread looking to buy 1000 rds of .22LR... I directed him to this thread earlier tonight. Hope he takes you up on it!

Blessings,
    Bill

hardtrailz400

Sharpshooter
    Dec 12, 2008
    Batesvegas
    I would love to take him up on it but my Godparents are coming in from Omaha for the weekend and Sunday is a going away party for the foreign exchange student that has been staying with my girlfriends mom and somehow that became an event i HAVE to attend.

I would actually enjoy doing the Appleseed I think and hopefully will be able to sometime soon.

Thanks

Woo

Sharpshooter
    Jun 9, 2009
    New Castle
    Why cant you be closer to me!! I have been wanting to do an Appleseed shoot but there havent been any very close that i knew about. I have been trying to stay up to date by looking at the website but everything is farther then i want to drive or on a weeekend i cant come!!

Last edited:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Why cant you be closer to me!! I have been wanting to do an Appleseed shoot but there havent been any very close that i knew about. I have been trying to stay up to date by looking at the website but everything is farther then i want to drive or on a weeekend i cant come!!

There are two solutions to this:

1) Find a friend with whom you can drive and split the gas/lodging/food. (Bonus: If either one of you is female, she shoots for free.)

2) Find a place and set up a range. It needs to be about 35 yards long at minimum and have a good, safe berm. You make a good range, what we call a Designated Appleseed Range(DAR) and let us know about it, we'll set up a shoot there, and you don't have to travel to Appleseed, Appleseed will travel to you. (Note that that 35 yds is including safety lines, places to set up chairs, prepare magazines, eat lunch...)

(Hint: We REALLY want a range on the Eastern side of the state...)

Blessings,
    Bill

Woo

Sharpshooter
    Jun 9, 2009
    New Castle
    There was someone on here that was using our(New Castle, Henry Co.) FOP range. I wonder if I can contact them and maybe set something up there? I wish i had berm set up in the back yard!! I got the room just not the berm! I will see what i can do and maybe make some contacts!!

NEOCON

Sharpshooter
    Mar 21, 2008
    Warrick county

It isn't that far and we have free camping so no hotel expenses. I am cooking brats for supper saturday and I am sure we will have plenty.

I drove to Athens OH for a shoot Memorial day weekend 6 hours, the week before I was in Carrolton KY. 3 hours. We have 1 instructor coming all the way from Cincinati just to help teach a bunch of Hoosier to be better marksmen. 1 other instructor and a shooter from below Lexington, KY. Heck a trip from Indy is a piece of cake. Come on down you will not regret it. The hardest part is just going once you are there you will wonder why it took you so long to finally make it. :patriot:I still have 2 bricks of ammo and a couple rifles.

Woo

Sharpshooter
    Jun 9, 2009
    New Castle
    Thank You for the invite! And if i would have known a lil sooner i might have been able to work it out. A 4 hour trip this weekend is just not feasible. Plus my 6 week old lil girl may not like it too much. I will Def. catch up with you guys sometime this summer!!

Top Bottom