• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I recently wrote my state legislators inviting them to attend some NRA courses that we will be hosting in March. Below I will paste the response that was given to me by Rep. Jim Lucas. In response to the generosity and support of Rep. Lucas I am going to offer his free NRA course to somebody.

Choice of:

NRA Basic Pistol is March 16th in Elizabethtown
    NRA Basic Personal Protection in the Home is March 23rd in Elizabethtown

Rules:
    1) Must be a resident of Indiana.
    2) Must be a novice shooter. If you have attended training courses with one of the the excellent instructors available in Indiana or are active in the shooting sports please let somebody else have this opportunity.
    3) Send me a PM so as not to bump this thread needlessly.
    4) In your PM include the Name and District of your State Legislators.

Edit: I have received several excellent PMs that are interested. Keep them coming. Take the time to know who your local elected representatives are. I will put all the names in a hat so to speak and draw a name in a couple of weeks.

Names in Hat: MrBBQ, longbarrel, Bmrdude, draketungsten, TTB Yee, usmcdjb, Cpt Ron, nb1980, Stesco, hiserman79, JeffO (PPITH), AnitaG (PPITH), SueG (PPITH), Saintnick81, WillC (Basic), jbush (basic), Marlene (basic), katiesy (basic)
    My Letter:,

From: nkemp1975@gmail.com [mailto:nkemp1975@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Nathan Kemp
    Sent: Monday, January 14, 2013 5:52 PM
    To: h69@in.gov
    Subject: Invitation to attend NRA courses

Mr. Lucas,

With the recent debate at both the state and national levels regarding guns and gun ownership being a popular topic, I feel that it is necessary to help responsible gun owners learn more about the safe use of firearms. I am an NRA Certified Instructor in Seymour, IN. I have the privilege of working with several other fine instructors in hosting NRA Courses. These courses teach "Knowledge, Skills & Attitude" necessary for the safe and effective handling of firearms. Our courses are often attended by couples, families and older individuals because they have interest in learning more about what they can do to defend themselves if they are ever faced with that unfortunate decision. I would like to invite both you and your wife to attend these courses with us this spring or fall at no cost to you. I will personally cover the cost of the course materials and will even provide firearms and ammunition if necessary. I make this offer in the hope that your family will join us and see first hand the safe and responsible use of firearms and why it is necessary to protect both the second amendment of the United States and Article 1 Section 32 of our State Constitution.

Nathan Kemp

You can learn more about our courses at NRAInstructors.org - Portal for NRA certified Instructors, NRA Education and Training

The Response:

Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2013 11:07 AM
    To: Jim Lucas
    Subject: FW: Invitation to attend NRA courses

As a Life Benefactor/ Golden Eagle member of the NRA, Life Member of the GOA and Gold Club member of the ISRPA, and whose wife and son are Life Members of the NRA, please rest assured that our shared interests in the protection of our Natural Right to bear arms is one of my highest priorities! It would be my pleasure to attend your course, just let me know of the time and date. I also appreciate your offer of covering my costs of this program, but I would feel better if you applied that expense towards helping to train another person and please allow me to cover my own expense of the training.
    I also appreciate your offer of providing firearms and ammunition, but again, please be rest assured that I have that covered, many times over!
    Thank you again for your invitation, but more importantly, your dedication to protecting our most important Right!

Jim Lucas
    State Representative
    State House
    200 West Washington Street
    Indianapolis, IN 46204
    Cell 812.216.1292

Last edited:

fyver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Wow! What a great response from the legislator. If he was anywhere near me, he'd have my vote!

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    With all the crap going on right now reading this thread actually made me feel pretty good.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Wow! I am getting several PMs. That is awesome. :D. I will put all the names on a list and draw a number. Lets give this thing a couple weeks. Even if your number does not come up I encourage everyone to write their local representative and take some time to work with a local trainer. INGO has several excellent choices.

Top Bottom